SDS200 Was there any Phoenix AZ Beta Testing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eg153wftx

Wondering since Phoenix area has 2 large systems (RWC and TOPAZ RWC) with extensive simulcasting agencies if the darn thing was even tested out here? would like to see review or video of Phoenix area before I bite off that much....

N9JIG

Sheriff
I tested both the SDS100 and SDS200 extensively on RWC and it worked great. I only listened to Topaz briefly as I cannot hear it from home. In several spots around the NW Valley (Glendale, Peoria, Surprise especially as well as the Arrowhead and Deer Valley areas of Phoenix) I had no issues with simulcast with either SDS radio. I had some pretty bad simulcast issues with the TRX-1 and the HP-2, somewhat less with the 436 and 996XT in those areas but still nowhere near as good of results with the SDS.

eg153wftx

I tested both the SDS100 and SDS200 extensively on RWC and it worked great. I only listened to Topaz briefly as I cannot hear it from home. In several spots around the NW Valley (Glendale, Peoria, Surprise especially as well as the Arrowhead and Deer Valley areas of Phoenix) I had no issues with simulcast with either SDS radio. I had some pretty bad simulcast issues with the TRX-1 and the HP-2, somewhat less with the 436 and 996XT in those areas but still nowhere near as good of results with the SDS.
Mr Carlson is there any video of the SDS200 on the Phoenix RWC system? Myself and several others in our FB group would like to view the performance on the simulcast systems.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I didn't take videos out in the field as I was driving. I did do a couple stationary videos at home but they are not real representative as the only signal I get way out here is strong (1.5 miles from the tower...)

If I have time soon I will get out and about with it for videos but this weekend is looking pretty full.

BTW, what FB group is that? There used to be a AZ Scanner group but that seems to have disappeared.

N9JIG

Sheriff
OK, that was the one, the owner must have banned me for some reason, it does not show up on a search. Oh well...

eg153wftx

Nobody uses Facebook anymore anyway :)
Well I apologize for being a "nobody", however the 100 or so members on the AZ FB page and the thousands of members on the Uniden FB page I will not speak for them. Have a wonderful life troll.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Well I apologize for being a "nobody", however the 100 or so members on the AZ FB page and the thousands of members on the Uniden FB page I will not speak for them. Have a wonderful life troll.

Calm down - it's just a joke about somebody not finding the group / possibly banned - hence the smiley face. FYI, we have a security policy not allowing Facebook on our computers - something to be aware about.

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
I've done some solid testing with the SDS200 on the RWC with a Diamond discone which has a 30' feed point. This setup destroyed simulcast reception on every other base scanner before the SDS200 and after adjustments to attenuation and filtering I'm getting 95% in terms of decoding and I'm very, very happy with the SDS200.

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
Very nice rakotter, good to see that you are also having great luck with yours.

jjbond

Banned
Banned
Wondering since Phoenix area has 2 large systems (RWC and TOPAZ RWC) with extensive simulcasting agencies if the darn thing was even tested out here? would like to see review or video of Phoenix area before I bite off that much....

Check one of Scannermaster’s videos on Youtube
Just curious why when he specifically was asking about users in the Phoenix area, you suggested he go look at ScannerMaster videos on Youtube. The only ScannerMaster I found on Youtube was in MA, not AZ, what am I missing? I'm eager to see the same videos.

Thanks
Jen

jjbond

Banned
Banned
Because if I would care to learn? There's no need to be a smart ass. I asked a simple question that anyone would ask based on doing as directed, going to that youtube channel and seeing they're back east and in no way does their statement to go check out a video address the topic discussed which I was hoping to "care to learn from". And I do care to learn, that's why I pay to be a member of this forum and that gives me the right to expect to be treated with some respect by other members, if you have nothing but smart comments to say, don't say anything.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Sorry but Rick (N9JIG) has been posting here for years anyone here longer than 1 year knows this just as UpMan works for Uniden.
You only pay for the RIGHT TO DOWNLOAD DATA membership is free but most people think someone that has been a member for 16 years would know most members and who they work for when it is public knowledge. I also have been a member for a long time and I do a search before I ask questions Rich was very open during the testing of the SDS100 and SDS200 as a beta tester for Uniden.
And after searching a mins I found this.
Jul 9, 2018

Yesterday I checked out a few trouble spots on my SDS-100 in the Valley. A friend had noted his PSR500 had serious issues, perhaps cell-tower related, at 3 specific areas, 91st & Olive, 43rd & Northern and on Grand from Bell to Thunderbird.

All three areas seemed fine for the SDS100 and when transiting between them the radio was constantly talking on several city and suburban PD's as well as the FD.

Rich Carlson, N9JIG

Last edited:

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Folks, let's stay focused on the original question. The OP may be having general issues with the setup of the scanner that the ScannerMaster videos can address or the OP may have specific issues with scanning the systems in his/her area that folks with experience in that area could address. Those are the types of support that the OP is probably looking for.

eg153wftx

O K folks the OP which is ME.. started this thread Feb 1 prior to my purchase of a SDS200 here in Phoenix metro area. (Well pleased with its performance BTW). received my answer from Rich C in about the 3rd post, why this has got so out of hand and off topic is beyond me. Some folks take the internet too seriously....
I suggest a Mod close discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.