SDS200 What are the chances of getting false positives for RAN settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnbound

Premium Subscriber
While doing a Discovery I am getting conflicting RAN settings with frequencies I am already listening to with another RAN setting. The question is that is this discovery wrong or are they using another RAN for simplex or other operations? It is not capturing any audio when this is happening only the frequency and the RAN number?

tnbound

Premium Subscriber
Without recording audio or hearing live traffic it is a guess. It could also be other frequencies like close systems and bleed over.
You would be better suited logging with PROSCAN and log audio also.
I was using Sentinel and logging voice and there was no voice only one second and not enough to get any audio. I guess it could be bleed over but the police and fire are the only ones using NXDN in this area and I listen to them on the same frequencies I got hits on only with different RAN numbers.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
You have more than you think using NXDN in Middle Tn.
Farmers all types of small busyness you might not want to believe this but you could also have several unlicensed system and users.
Internet radio sales has caused havoc several people do not want to even talkabout.

ecps92

As others have indicated bleed over from adj frequency, but also keep in mind the RAN could have been from a prior hit and the scanner did not flush/clear it's memory before logging onto the next hit.

Typical occurance - I tend to cal them One Hit wonders, as any/all scanners tend to do this
I was using Sentinel and logging voice and there was no voice only one second and not enough to get any audio. I guess it could be bleed over but the police and fire are the only ones using NXDN in this area and I listen to them on the same frequencies I got hits on only with different RAN numbers.

Ubbe

It is not capturing any audio when this is happening only the frequency and the RAN number?
It's also happening with other system types with Uniden scanners. Always set your systems RAN, Color Code or NAC to search if possible. You only need them to have a fixed value if you have another system of the same type within coverage range that uses the same frequencies as in your other systems.

Uniden scanners have too much false decode of those values that makes you miss calls if you use too much restrictions in the settings.

/Ubbe

Hit_Factor

It's been quite a while since I used discovery for RAN. However, after awhile I saw what looked like a pattern in the numbering scheme. I filled in the blanks and it worked great. If you aren't quite sure, create the same system with slightly different 'guesses' and see how it performs.

Status
Not open for further replies.