SDS200 with DMR - question about DMR scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnadareski

Premium Subscriber
I need some help with DMR scanner programming.
I have SDS200 with DMR upgrade.
I am trying to scan Dee Bus Company.
According to fcc.gov/uls, I found WQXG423
They have 2 frequencies, 463.55 and 468.55.
Dee has 2 locations, Shirley, MA and Townsend, MA
Both locations use the same frequency pair.
463.55 is the repeater output, so I use this.
I am located between both locations and I have good signal strength.
I looked at other forums and scanned the frequencies using conventional.
It shows up as Color Code 13, Cap+ and mostly Slot 1.
Sometimes I see it alternating from Slot 1 to Slot 2 quickly.

I setup a Favorites List just for DMR scanning.
I setup one sublist for "Conventional," another one for "DMR One Frequency" and another one for "MotoTRBO Trunk"
On the Conventional, I would hear the digital noise sometimes and then it would catch a conversation.
I wrote down many UID numbers.

For DMR One Frequency:
I programmed in all the Unit IDs under the tab in Sentinel software.
TGID = 0 (Default from software)
TDMA Slot = Any (I have tried it as Slot 1 and Slot 2 also)
Sites = 463.55 using Color Code 13 (I also tried this as Search for Color Code)
ID Search = On
Nothing is ever heard on this, even when locked on for days.

For MotoTRBO Trunk:
Same settings and UIDs programmed, but also set LCN = 1 since I heard nothing on the default LCN of 0.
I have tried setting this Color Code to "Color Code Search"
Nothing is ever heard on this, even when locked on for days.

Does anyone have any suggestions, because Conventional doesn't seem to work all the time?
Thank you for any suggestions you can provide.

dnadareski

Premium Subscriber
I just setup a TGID for both DMR One Frequency and MotoTRBO. Thank you and I will return if I see any activity.

dnadareski

Premium Subscriber
Hit_Factor, I want to thank you for your assistance.
DMR One Frequency is not receiving anything yet, but the MotoTRBO has shown TGID of 11, 15, 18 and 40 but no unit IDs.
It seems to switch back and forth from Slot 1 to Slot 2 only on different transmissions now, but I think I am getting closer to getting the correct programming.
I have another scanner on 463.55 to hear the digital sounds and then the SDS200 kicks in with decoded voice.
I really appreciate your assistance.
Thank you

Ubbe

Cap+ means it is trunked and then you must have the LCN numbers correct. LCN 0 are never used, try 1 and 2 instead. Best is to run LCN finder or enter them as conventional or as a one frequency system, the things you have already done. As it doesn't receive properly even in conventional the recptions seems to be compromised, by interference or plainly the signal are too weak. Try to set frequencies and sites in all three different programmings with different kinds of filter settings and IFX to see if that helps.

It doesn't matter what TG's you have programmed as search will look for all of them from that system.

/Ubbe

dnadareski

Premium Subscriber
I appreciate the responses.
There has been much more activity as the day went on and I am using the SDS200 record feature to help me capture numbers that display so quickly.
My intention is to send Dee Bus to RadioReference for other scanner owners to download.
This has been a real learning curve.
I have added the 4 TGID to my favorites and the only activity is from MotoTURBO.
I will probably delete the test DMR One Frequency from my test Favorites and just focus on MotoTURBO.
I am thinking that one location may use Slot 1 and the other location uses Slot 2, but then I heard the same conversation unkey and return as Slot 2. I will keep digging into this and I couldn't have done it without your advice and other advice from RadioReference forums.
Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.