SDS200

Status
Not open for further replies.

timdevaney

Premium Subscriber
Hello

I'm currently based in New Zealand and I'm hearing a lot of good things about the Uniden sds200 including being able to hook it up to the internet and control it remotely and listen to it while you're away from home this would be brilliant absolutely brilliant I would also like to know what else this scanner has to offer and what people think of it how future proof is it what cool things can it do basically why should I invest my hard earned money and buying it anything or help. The next question is as I'm in New Zealand how the heck do I get it here does anybody have any hookups connections contacts that can point me to a reputable supplier.

Tim

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The SDS20 is definitely future proof, as most of its features are software-based, and can be added to or changed by firmware updates rather than having to buy a new scanner. It will also receive the widest variety of systems, as it is specifically designed to handle simulcast.

Go to proscan.org to see software that makes the most of the remote control/monitoring capabilities of the SDS200.

I have no suggestions re local NZ dealers, though. Working with a US individual or dealer would get you a US version of the scanner, but the cellular bands blocked in the USA might be used for something else in NZ, and so you may not want the US version. It would probably be best for you to do your own research on that point.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I highlighted the gaps in coverage:
Annotation 2020-01-21 062219.png

512-758MHz, 824-849MHz, 869-895MHz, and 960-1240MHz are blocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.