SE Ontario - GOTRBO question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tayridge

ELGIN ONTARIO CANADA / tayridge34@gmail.com
Just wondering if anyone has any additional info on the following CC that I have recently picked up, especially location.

Con+ 453.0125 202-4 DCC:4 Neighbours 3, 6, 12
Con+ 452.9125 202-17 DCC:15 Neighbours 6, 13

I am located between Kingston and Ottawa and receive good signal 8/10, and believe these are GOTRBO but have no idea their location. Appears mostly some type of construction from what I have received so far. Thank you and any help is appreciated.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I couldn't track down any info on a tafl search on 452.9125 in either Quebec or Ontario. 453.0125 However appears to be in Lavant. TAFL Search Results

With neighbours 3, 6 and 12 it looks like you've found Site 4 of this system GOTRBO Network Trunking System, Multiple Locations, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

Location of the tower though looks to be in Lanark Highlands Twp. Lanark County on County Rd. 511 in Brightside not Lavant as the license name shows.

461.3875 is likely the other frequency that goes with that tower location. 452.9125 could also likely be part of this system too. I'll enter them in on my end as well.

Nice catch.

Edit - After sifting through some of my programming, I had 452.9125 programmed as a possible Brockville Site 17 location along with frequencies 452.000 and 452.4375. Looking at the current license it doesn't look like 452.9125 is part of it any more or just not included in the license. TAFL Search Results

Could 17 be Brockville?

Just wondering if anyone has any additional info on the following CC that I have recently picked up, especially location.

Con+ 453.0125 202-4 DCC:4 Neighbours 3, 6, 12
Con+ 452.9125 202-17 DCC:15 Neighbours 6, 13

I am located between Kingston and Ottawa and receive good signal 8/10, and believe these are GOTRBO but have no idea their location. Appears mostly some type of construction from what I have received so far. Thank you and any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

ATCTech

I see on the map St Catharines Ont, in the Niagara Region. Have they put a site backup for this area ???

Yup. I'd say there are a bunch of brand new sites. ;)

Except for one tiny detail. That web site is copyright 2016 so how much would you like to wager that the coverage maps are also 5 years old?

1619904162694.png

ATCTech

Funny how web sites in general tend not to be updated when it's not a "positive" for the service being advertised.... hehe.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Not sure why I've never noticed this before, but how has the database not been updated with stuff on the GoTRBO Network from southern Ontario in all this time?

Yup. I'd say there are a bunch of brand new sites. ;)

Except for one tiny detail. That web site is copyright 2016 so how much would you like to wager that the coverage maps are also 5 years old?

View attachment 103061

ATCTech

Do you mean the RR database? I think the total lack of data for that network down here is correct, there is no evidence of the last 3 sites in this area that were in the database existing on-air including Toronto and Niagara. I'm sure the London area guys can confirm that site's ongoing status.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, the RR database. I would've thought this system would've been pretty busy down that way and documented. Eastern Ontario seems to be busy enough here.

Do you mean the RR database? I think the total lack of data for that network down here is correct, there is no evidence of the last 3 sites in this area that were in the database existing on-air including Toronto and Niagara. I'm sure the London area guys can confirm that site's ongoing status.

ATCTech

The last 18 months or so has seen real growth of DMR TIII capacity in wide area business systems while the Cap+ and Con+ stuff has quietly disappeared, the exception being FleetConnect still going strong but not necessarily expanding. And of course there's the NEXEDGE 4800 OnQ system all over this part of the province. Just how many former subscribers have gone to PTT over LTE we may never know as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.