SE PA / NE MD Interoperability

Status
Not open for further replies.

daneg

Does anyone know who is all on 154.28000 SE PA / NE MD Interoperability ?

This morning from the ephrata area this came in crystal clear about a shooting.not sure where though.

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
I live in Chambersburg ,PA. I hear traffic on that freq. from Adams and Franklin counties in PA as well as Frederick and Washington counties in MD and even Morgan county WVA. Probably more ....those are ones that I can think of off the top of my head.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
In PA, the following counties have capability to use the frequency as a dispatch to dispatch coordination channel:

Adams
Franklin
York
Lancaster
Cumberland
Dauphin

Chester
Delaware
Montgomery
Bucks
Philadelphia

I hear the freq used frequently in the Harrisburg area for intercounty response coordination. The PA Turnpike Commission also has this freq licensed in the Harrisburg area. The license states it is for interop purposes, although I have never heard them actually using it. Anyone else?

In the Philly area, the frequency is now a back up to the SECOM microwave network that links Philly with Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Bucks in PA and several counties in NJ (and maybe now New Castle Co, DE, too?). I don't know if the Philly area counties still do radio checks on the freq, but they used to do a roll call on this freq and 155.475. I still hear Chester using it to talk to Lancaster now and then, but the others don't really use it now. Montgomery used to use it daily as part of their VHF fire system which has now been replaced by their trunked system.

I was under the impression that all counties in MD use this frequency for interop. I have heard roll calls in MD encompassing numerous eastern counties, Baltimore City, and USCG.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
While there might be an exception to the rule, any time I've heard 154.28 active here in Maryland, it's generally a fire or rescue call, not something like a shooting.

best regards...Mike

druhe

Premium Subscriber
In PA, the following counties have capability to use the frequency as a dispatch to dispatch coordination channel:

Adams
Franklin
York
Lancaster
Cumberland
Dauphin

Chester
Delaware
Montgomery
Bucks
Philadelphia

I hear the freq used frequently in the Harrisburg area for intercounty response coordination. The PA Turnpike Commission also has this freq licensed in the Harrisburg area. The license states it is for interop purposes, although I have never heard them actually using it. Anyone else?

In the Philly area, the frequency is now a back up to the SECOM microwave network that links Philly with Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Bucks in PA and several counties in NJ (and maybe now New Castle Co, DE, too?). I don't know if the Philly area counties still do radio checks on the freq, but they used to do a roll call on this freq and 155.475. I still hear Chester using it to talk to Lancaster now and then, but the others don't really use it now. Montgomery used to use it daily as part of their VHF fire system which has now been replaced by their trunked system.

I was under the impression that all counties in MD use this frequency for interop. I have heard roll calls in MD encompassing numerous eastern counties, Baltimore City, and USCG.

Are PL / CTCSS tones utilized or CSQ ?

Status
Not open for further replies.