Sea Isle City

Status
Not open for further replies.

ermin

Hello All

I have some family that just moved to Sea Isle City. Anything active on the scanner besides the 2 155.x freqs listed in the data base? Should we program in the county system also?

Thank you

Ermin

W2SJW

Database Admin
All of the main towns in Cape May County should be copyable with a good antenna from there. All three of the Wildwoods are amazingly busy during the summer, along with the surrounding towns.

Cape May doesn't have a county 'system', per se - Ocean City has their TRS tied into Atlantic County's system (but it's a form of digital that cannot be monitored on a scanner).

SCPD

QRT
Cape May County Trunked System

Good Pick Up!
According to the FCC data this is a NEW SYSTEM as 0f 3/23/10 intended for slow growth. The key is in the eligibility statement: Eligibility 90.20a - County wide trunked radio network for all public service agencies in Cape May County. :D! To be implemented by 3/23/14

ULS Frequency link

Now to determine what type of Trunked System? From what I can make of the emission designators on the License a good chance P25 Trunked:roll:.

KC2ZHY

Feed Provider
I've been waiting for this (the TRS) for years!

As far for the OP, for the summer, definitely program all the nearby beachfront communities in (Sea Isle City, Avalon, Stone Harbor, the Wildwoods, etc). Being that mainland Cape May County is pretty much a few large townships, you should probably just program everything in and be done with it.

Last edited:

W2SJW

Database Admin
Cape May County is small enough that they could make a county-wide TRS work quite nicely at 453 MHz - now to see how many towns agree to sign-on to the deal & if the county will help subsidize the purchase of the radios...

wildbillx

Premium Subscriber
Hello Ermin, I live down in Cape May. During the summer months I would add the beach patrol, channel 16, 21,22, 82, 83 marine. All the county's FD but beware if you put in wildwoods pd you will never hear anything else, they are very busy and always on the radio. Also if you want to hear some interesting tx you can put it some mil air freqs. It is very active off the coast. let me know if you need anything.

ermin

Thank You

Hello Ermin, I live down in Cape May. During the summer months I would add the beach patrol, channel 16, 21,22, 82, 83 marine. All the county's FD but beware if you put in wildwoods pd you will never hear anything else, they are very busy and always on the radio. Also if you want to hear some interesting tx you can put it some mil air freqs. It is very active off the coast. let me know if you need anything.

Thank you all. I'll do this. I'm heading that way 6-12 from Florida and will see what we get. Only have a hand held but it works real well. If anyone is ever in the Palm Beach County Florida area send me a PM. I have a great Pro-96 file.

Ermin

radiomanNJ1

Stop with the private files and messages. Post the damn thing. Yahoo groups has a place for PRO96 files.

If you have good stuff share!!!

Thank you all. I'll do this. I'm heading that way 6-12 from Florida and will see what we get. Only have a hand held but it works real well. If anyone is ever in the Palm Beach County Florida area send me a PM. I have a great Pro-96 file.

Ermin

ermin

Posting my Pro-96 File

Stop with the private files and messages. Post the damn thing. Yahoo groups has a place for PRO96 files.

OK. Took a while but I found the Pro96 group. Joined but not sure how long till I can upload the file. Where can I post it in RadioReference?

Ermin

ermin

Palm Beach County Florida .P96 File

OK. File has been uploaded to the Yahoo Pro-96 group. It is the final file for Palm Beach County Florida with the last rebanding finished last night.

Ermin

conversr

Stone Harbor Beach Patrol?

I didn't see the frequency for the SH Beach patrol in the database. I have programmed it in past years but can't seem to find it now. Can anyone help?

Cape May County TRS?

Well it's been over a year I posted info about Cape May County's 450 systems and finally I am hearing activity. Anybody else hear anything and will the info be added to our database here?

KC2ZHY

Feed Provider
Well it's been over a year I posted info about Cape May County's 450 systems and finally I am hearing activity. Anybody else hear anything and will the info be added to our database here?

Oh man, seriously? I was JUST in Cape May Co. that evening attempting to monitor, but I didn't catch anything. I'm going to have to double my efforts the next time I return!

You have any more details on what you caught? Like which freq(s), type (analog / digital / CC data), etc?

Re:Cape May County TRS

I don't have the digital unit setup for that as yet, so all I see and hear is activity via some analog radios. From my observations sofar, it was usual analog traffic with the control channel fluctuating on the 2 or 3 lowest frequencies. The majority of traffic atleast for me sofar as been from the Woodbine location. I'll post more when I find more..

Re: Cape May County TRS

I was just wondering if anyone else has heard any voice on the new system. I am able to pick up 2 of the control channels and they are P-25 flavor.
?????

Status
Not open for further replies.