Seafair Blue Angels Practice 7/30/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

howleyt

I watched the Blue Angels practice from my office window in Renton this afternoon. After they spent a couple hours surveying for landmarks over Lake Washington, they ran a practice show with the usual Puuuullllll type lingo.

I had grabbed a bunch of freqs from the internet going back to 2004 all the way up to last week's reports and with my ducky antenna I think I heard most of the air chatter but I'm sure they had some ground comms I could not hear from my vantage point. Monitoring Times mag had posted a list on their site of common freqs that could be in use and some they included and said were probably not used. At least one of those still is. Here is my list. They will be doing another practice show Friday at around 1:30 or so and then shows for the paying crowd on Saturday and Sunday.

275.35 Said to be abandoned but very active in Seattle!
284.25 Showbox Delta This one was the most active with the lead pilot calling the shots
305.5 Listed as Fat Albert F10, definitely not 'bert

I'm on a flex day tomorrow thankfully since the air is out in my office (yay 89 when I left my desk today) I think if I have to sit in the heat I should have my sandals and shorts on to see the Blues!

Tom

SCPD

QRT
I'll do a quick scan on my Pro-2006 over the next few days. They run right over my house so I can hear them quite easily with my discone.

andykeck

Solos and MO on 237.8
Diamond on 275.30
Diamond and delta in front of the crowd 284.25
Bert was on 305.5
Com Cart Alpha on 142.6125 (Thursday, failed to note which channel they were on today)

I think I heard the solos on 305.5 early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.