Seaford FD Dispatch to swap input/output on 1/7/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
I've been told that Seaford Fire District will be swapping their input/output frequencies to align with the common input/output pairs.
Instead of listening to Seaford FD on 458.2875 (which should be an input frequency), you will be able to hear them on 453.2875. I'm not sure why they are changing after all these years, but I can only assume that since they are currently operating in reverse of where the input/output should be, they are receiving some sort of interference.

The PL code will change from DPL466 to PL 77.0

I am told the repeater is online and ready for the switch at a very high spot within the 6th battalion area. (Anyone familiar with Hempstead Tpke will know the building it is on).

I've already added the new frequency into the database and marked the old one with a note that it will not be in use as of 1/7. I'm told that is the date where all radios will be reprogrammed and all pagers will be reprogrammed as well.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
It’s been swapped for decades due to interference. Interesting that after all these years they figured it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
I don't see an FB2 license for the 458 side. I wonder if they have been operating out of the license parameters all this time? Maybe the FCC caught up and made them switch. Because a repeater output on the high side would be a potential interference issue to inputs of other licensee's repeaters. That's what is nice about UHF/700/800, paired channels, and not the mess that exists on VHF.

Status
Not open for further replies.