Seal Beach Shooting Archive From Months Back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneBurst

Banned for duplicate accounts
Banned
Can anyone remember the date and hour the tragic shootings took place in Seal Beach months ago? I would like to hear the archive of that event.

Radio_Lady

It was on Oct 12, 2011 about 1:20 pm. Besides being out-of-date for the RR archives, there won't be much if any police radio audio available anywhere since virtually all OrCo law traffic is encrypted.

It seems that either Seal Beach or OCSO did release some 9-1-1 calls and possibly a bit of radio traffic to the media within a day or two, but finding it could be difficult.

Last edited:

ToneBurst

Banned for duplicate accounts
Banned
Thanks, Radio_Lady! I didn't know the radio comms out there are encrypted. Guess they've bought into the paranoia machine out there. How much radio traffic in the state is ENC? Any clue?

iguyer

Thanks, Radio_Lady! I didn't know the radio comms out there are encrypted. Guess they've bought into the paranoia machine out there. How much radio traffic in the state is ENC? Any clue?

Orange County is the only county I can think of in California that is almost entirely encrypted.

Most of the rest of the state, especially Northern California agencies, remain unencrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.