SDS100/SDS200: Search/Close Call by Mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikek

Premium Subscriber
Greetings!
I picked up an SDS100 this morning to replace my TRX1 and couldn't be happier. One thing that I can't find/figure out is how to restrict the search and close call to a specific mode like analog, DMR, P25 etc. For example, I like to set the TRX-1 to search the UHF ham band for DMR or P25, record those hits and then program my two-way radios accordingly. Is this possible on the SDS100? Thanks in advance!

cstetter

I have the SDS100 as well and I'm glad you made a good choice in the scanner! I can see you want to figure out how to restrict the search and close call a specific mode. Therefore, the only thing you can do is click on "CLOSE CALL" then select "SET CC BANDS" If that's NOT the case, then you have to create If you're looking for conventional or trunking discovery, that would be in the "DISCOVERY" in the menu. The last option is "SEARCH FOR" on the menu. IF you're looking for DMR, NXDN, P25, this would be a good option since it picks up and shows you what color code it is on or RAN #. NOTE: This is what I'm assuming you are trying to look for

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You can't restrict search or close call to a particular digital mode. You can screen out broadcast frequencies (useful to avoid garbage hits on TV and pager freqs), but can't only search for P25 or NXDN.

Status
Not open for further replies.