Search failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I just tried searching and the site appeared to stall - may be a forum DB issue....

search was for "trunk county" (also tried "trunk system county") in Database Discussion forum.

Page delivered after clicking search was blank, with the URL http://forums.radioreference.com/search.php?do=process

I tried both the "Search This Forum" pull-down and the "Search>Advanced Search" page.

Obviously other parts of the forum are working since I can post this and read other messages.

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
I just tried both searches and they both came back within 6 seconds with results :)

Sometimes i have noticed on VBB sites if the server load is HEAVY at the time of search,sometimes it takes too long to complete your request and ends up timing out with a blank page.. (Which i have gotton many times on some sites)

Jay911

Feed Provider
Me as well. Interestingly enough, I did a "Your Threads" from the main forums tab, which is a search for my username more-or-less, and it worked OK.

Hmm. I just tried something - searched for just "county" in the DB forum. That search worked. When I added the word "trunk" to it is when it fails.

Corrupt index?.....

DaveH

I had this problem yesterday...forum thread selected but stalled part way through loading
the page. Reloading didn't work, did the same each time.

Dave

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
The problem was that the forums are getting larger, which results in larger search indexes. Compiling some of the threads in the query for some of the more simple searches are requiring more memory.

Why were you doing a search for "trunk county" ?

Just curious - at times I like to understand some of the use cases from users.

Jay911

Feed Provider
Status
Not open for further replies.