Search & Rescue

frankie811

Right now there's a massive search & rescue operation going on @ Providence Harbor for a car that went underwater. Marine units from Providence, Warwick, Pawtucket, Warren & Bristol are all on the scene. Warwick has a dive team in the water. Traffic is on TG 6. There's a Coast Guard helicopter on the way to assist. It's been a while since I've monitored a CG helo, but are they still on 164.550mhz?

KB18

I don't know anything about the frequency you provided but I do know that whenever there is a search and rescue in Narragansett bay that the search and rescue helicopter almost always utilizes Wide Area 5 (Marine Taskforce 1) and coordinate with the boats and apparatus on the water and ground I hope that helps

frankie811

I don't know anything about the frequency you provided but I do know that whenever there is a search and rescue in Narragansett bay that the search and rescue helicopter almost always utilizes Wide Area 5 (Marine Taskforce 1) and coordinate with the boats and apparatus on the water and ground I hope that helps
Yes I know about Wide Area 5 which is TG 6. Years ago I can remember hearing Coast Guard helicopters on 164.550. Oh, it looks like they're still using it. Coast Guard (United States) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

wa1lad

Interesting to note that USCG choppers do not have RISCON access. RIANG Blackhawks do though. Chopper coordination is usually between the on scene cutter on a VHF freq to the chopper and Marine Task Force 1 to the FD boats.

ecps92

frankie811

Interesting to note that USCG choppers do not have RISCON access. RIANG Blackhawks do though. Chopper coordination is usually between the on scene cutter on a VHF freq to the chopper and Marine Task Force 1 to the FD boats.
Do you know the TG for RIANG?