Search >> Trunking with PRO-106

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4NYV

OK, I have to admit, I am being lazing and asking this here, instead of pulling out the manual.

Is there an easy way to go straight from a found control channel to trunking in CC only mode?

Here is why I am asking this. Tonight, I was at one of the local Christmas parades and it was only after we got there, set out the chairs and sat down that I realized my 106 was not loaded with the trunking system for that county. So, I did a quick PS search and came up with the currently active control channel for that system. Once I was armed with that, I was honestly lost trying to create a new system on the fly. I programmed the whole thing via Starr's software, so I haven't really had to get into the nitty gritty of programming by hand (even though I did that for years with my old 92, 93, 95, ect). I never did get it going and I ended up just scanning FRS/GMRS the whole time instead.

Is there a function that allows you to go straight from a found CC to trunking using that CC only? I realize you would have to at least know what kind of system it is and I did know this. I also realize that as soon as the CC rolls, you are going to loose it and stuck looking for the new CC. No problem, but when finding a system on the fly like this, it would be nice to have a quick jump to trunking mode.

Thanks ahead of time!

rmiller818

Create a wildcard for the system.

Assuming you already programed that one frequency in as a trunking system, press PGM -> F1 (New) -> F1 (TGRP)

Select the scanlist you want and any other settings, a new talkgroup defaults as a wildcard.

Status
Not open for further replies.