BCD396XT/BCD996XT: search with scan issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

uni396xt

Hi,

Recently I wanted to use search with scan option.. Now I'm stuck.. If I unlock some custom search range, the scanner scans through programmed banks and when it comes to the search with scan custom search it just stays there and scans the whole custom search over and over.. it never goes back to programmed systems. I have a 396xt as well but it works fine.. I don't know what am I doing wrong. I have no quick key nor startup key assigned to any of the custom sarch groups..

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
One of the attributes of search with scan is the duration for dwelling on the search. 0 will dwell for one complete search cycle. Any other duration will dwell for the time you set. Is it possible you've set this duration to something like 255 (which would result in about a 4 minute dwell time)?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Ok, at 0 it will go through the entire search range before going back to scanning systems. That can take a while, depending on the amount of traffic found in the search. You might try setting it to 2. It won't make it through the entire search on each pass, but it picks up where it left off each time, so you eventually get the entire search band. Tradeoff...

uni396xt

YESSS. FIXED. THANK YOU.

0 kept scanning through custom search over and over again, setting it to 2 fixes the problem, it searches a bit in custom and then goes back to programmed systems. That's where I missed the detail.

Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.