Searching For Audio Recording/Playback Software For My Radio Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

trunktracking

I would like to learn what software everyone is using to record scanner transmissions, to quickly replay the address of a dispatch that is missed because of background noise or multiple scanners all talking at once.

My goal is to find a simple piece of software that would allow me 'quick playback' of recent transmissions, similar to the feature found on the Uniden Home Patrol 1.

Thanks In Advance,

WX4ADX

rbm

I've used ScanRec Pro for years.
It's a good program.
There's a free version available: Scanner Recorder Home Page

Also, I have an online feed here on RR.
I monitor that so I can keep the feed quality up.

That online feed has a 20-30 second delay which is like 'instant playback' on EVERYTHING.

Rich

Adenosine

I use VoxtoFile, its simple, older and I use it for just what you said. A majority of guys here use more up to date programs but I find them more time consuming and harder to set up. I have the Vox folder on my desktop so once I hit the close (stop rec) button; I have access to the file immediately. I just open and play. Vox time stamps and will play back too. I just don’t do this because I’m already recording with it again.

Audacity is another program used. I was never able to get it to work for what I needed. It’s a very good program and I still use it to edit all my audio files.

mibzzer15

I just use bcTool+ to log and record....works very well and has a play and stop button for immediate playback....

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Has anyone had any success with the basic Scanner Recorder software? I can't seem to find the option to point it to my soundcard. I can hear my scanner just fine through my computer speaker.

I want to park a spare radio on a single channel for research, and I just need something really easy. I lost my RecAll registration, unfortunately...best regards..Mike

N8CBG

I've been using Windows Media encoder set up to record to a file.

I would also recommend getting a copy of Adobe Audition 3.0 this software has an amazing array of tools for audio editing, restoration and noise removal.

OCO

Mike:
On XP, had to go to the Audio control > Recording properties and change recording input from Mic in to Line in..This on an older Dell laptop with built in ESS Maestro sound hardware.

sffire

Premium Subscriber
Are you guys using Windows 7? I am having trouble with my computer recording stuff. I have a sound card built into my motherboard. Are you guys using a separate sound card to record?

Status
Not open for further replies.