Searching for information on HAM TWP. EMERGENCY RADIO CORP. badge

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2AL

I recently was given this old badge, and I have no information on its origins whatsoever. The badge reads HAM TWP. EMERGENCY RADIO CORP. and is identified as badge number 6 on the front.

In regards to the HAM TWP. That could mean a variety of things, such as Hamilton Township for example.

The EMERGENCY RADIO CORP. makes me question the age of this badge, and the type of radios and licensing they used. I would think that if it were related to Amateur Radio, this organization would be affiliated with ARES or RACES. If it were CB possibly affiliated with REACT. But given the age the organization could have been formed prior to these services being enacted.

So this is definitely something that I am scratching my head with. I believe this was an organization or club of some kind, and I am interested in the history associated with it. If anyone has any suggestions, advice, or knowledge in this badge, the location it came from, and the organization or club, I thank you for sharing any information you can with me.

9bda724c5acbf5195008d7252095cb93.jpg

a544bb9aa40ec92316deb41c95ec731a.jpg

Last edited:

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
I am hoping that someone along the way has saw this badge, or knows the history behind the organization. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
It seems odd though that both badges have the same number "6" on them... :confused:

W3AWF

Premium Subscriber
The number 6 may have something to do with a municipality number. Generally municipalities are numbered by the state. Ham Township may be municipality number 6 for the state of NJ.

"Interoperability is not a luxury, it is a necessity!"

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Since this thread is not amateur radio related, I've moved it to the Off Topic Wireless forum.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
its the same exact badge as the Ebay one. Same wear on the badge missing enamel on some letters, same sticker residue on the back..

Status
Not open for further replies.