Searching for NXDN RANS question with SDS200 and Proscan

KA9OSN

I have an SDS200 and I am trying to monitor what I believe is a NXDN single freq system on VHF. I bought/activated NXDN on the scanner and have a favorite set up with just this entry to test & get it working. When in conventional analog, I log and record data in Proscan which sounds like NXDN 6.25khz (compared to the sample found here W2SJW - Radio Sounds ). I am close (within .5 miles) to the target base station and Proscan is logging a solid -50dBm when it keys up. Radio Reference and the FCC database show the target PD on the freq, but I'm not hearing anything or getting any hits now. I'm thinking I missed something(s) in the setup for the fav in Sentinel (I have only a very basic understanding of it so far). Can anyone help me out? thanks & 73's!

Ubbe

Set the modulation audio type to All so it will monitor all signal types. You can then listen to the data to hear if it sounds "clean" or are interfered so that you have to apply IFX or switch to other filter types to receive it without distorsion. When the signal are good enough it will automatically switch over from analog to digital mode and decode it.

/Ubbe

KA9OSN

Set the modulation audio type to All so it will monitor all signal types. You can then listen to the data to hear if it sounds "clean" or are interfered so that you have to apply IFX or switch to other filter types to receive it without distorsion. When the signal are good enough it will automatically switch over from analog to digital mode and decode it.

/Ubbe

Thanks for the replies and info. I was able to get it going after some trial & error. I wasn't aware the scanner could auto decode on a digital signal. I'll have to give that a try when I come across another one.