Searching for trunk system ID "A" is not the same as searching for "00A"

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
On the main database page, at section "Search Trunked Radio Information", in the "Search by System ID" box, if you enter "A" in the "HEX" field, it correctly puts "10" in the "DEC" field. If you click the "Search" button, it yields only two results: one NXDN system and one DMR system, both of which show "a" in their "Sysid" fields.

If, instead, you put "00A" in the "HEX" field and click the "Search" button, it correctly yields the many P25 systems with that system ID. Note that the "DEC" field still shows "10".

If you blank out the "HEX" field and then put "10" in the "DEC" field, it inserts "a" in the "HEX" field. If you click "Search", it shows only the two "a" systems again, and not all the P25 systems.

I would like to suggest that, with the exception of DMR, system IDs in the trunked systems that use them, are all numeric, and are capable of being normalized and stored/searched/sorted_in_reports consistently. A small number of the DMR systems (at the end of the list sorted by System ID) include what I think are the "size" prefixes "H", "L", "S", and "T". Are these necessary? It seems you have to search for them by putting the value, including the letter prefix, in the "HEX" field. There are also four System IDs on page 25 of the DMR trunked system report that are 0-padded and probably cause people problems. Other than those, it looks like all the DMR and NXDN systems have a non-padded hex value for the System ID, though I didn't search through them exhaustively.

[add:] The issue exists in the v2 beta also.

Note: Quotes are used above for clarity, and are not to be entered in the fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.