Searching, is it me or the system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
When I go to "advanced search", enter a keyword to search for, and then select "subscribed forums"; I get results which include forums I am not subscribed to. Either something is not working correctly or I am doing something wrong. Please advise.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
When I go to "advanced search", enter a keyword to search for, and then select "subscribed forums"; I get results which include forums I am not subscribed to. Either something is not working correctly or I am doing something wrong. Please advise.
Try near bottom of Quick Links Menu.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Try near bottom of Quick Links Menu.
Yeah. I can see all of my subscribed threads. But I want to SEARCH them. And when I used advanced search and select subscribed threads, it shows me results from threads I am NOT subscribed to.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Yeah. I can see all of my subscribed threads. But I want to SEARCH them. And when I used advanced search and select subscribed threads, it shows me results from threads I am NOT subscribed to.
Okay between this and the OP you changed what you were asking.

In answer to the OP, did you remove the check mark for "Also search in child forums" selection? As for the above, I not aware that you can search just subscribed threads but if there is a way, let me know. :)

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Lou, what I am asking did not change between posts. I can go to UserCP and see what I am subscribed to. But when I go to Advanced Search and try to search only the forums I am subscribed to, that is NOT what I get.

I did try searching each with "Also search in child forums" checked and unchecked, and either time it produced results that were in forums I am not subscribed to.

It certainly looks like advanced search should do this. In the top half I entered my Keyword and left User Name blank. In the lower half I left most items set to default including "Show Results as Threads" but selected "Search Subscribed Forums" and unselected "Also search in child forums".

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Lou, what I am asking did not change between posts. I can go to UserCP and see what I am subscribed to. But when I go to Advanced Search and try to search only the forums I am subscribed to, that is NOT what I get.

I did try searching each with "Also search in child forums" checked and unchecked, and either time it produced results that were in forums I am not subscribed to.

It certainly looks like advanced search should do this. In the top half I entered my Keyword and left User Name blank. In the lower half I left most items set to default including "Show Results as Threads" but selected "Search Subscribed Forums" and unselected "Also search in child forums".
Hmm, when I do what you describe in the your last paragraph I only get returned those forums that I am subscribed to. When you get your results, do you see (at the top of results) a list of the forums you are subscribed to?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
OK, I understand what is going on now. Yes I see a 'list' of forums. What I was thinking, or what I'd really like is to search subscribed THREADS. Can I do that?

Thanks Lou.

Status
Not open for further replies.