Searching/Scanning With Uniden Bearcat BCD996XT Under Butel ARC XT PRO Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I have been scanning with my Uniden Bearcat BCD996XT under Butel ARC XT PRO Software. Today I searched 162-174 mHz with digital only selected and NAC search on. Most of the logged hits make sense, but several have me puzzled. Two of them showed a NAC code "NONE" and two other ones showed "0" in the NAC column. As I understand it, if I am hearing valid APCO P-25 modulation it should log a legitimate NAC code, but the two displaying NONE and the two displaying 0 have me puzzled. Does anybody have any thoughts on this?

Also, on a somewhat related note, how does the BCD996XT behave if I select analog modulation only and a P25 signal is received? Does it simply mute the audio or does it scan past it?

W6KRU

I get some strange NAC hits as well with my 396XT. Sometimes strange numbers that make no sense and they have 1 hit in an 8 hr. period or others with none or 0 as you have seen.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Maybe it's a partial hit. Meaning the full conversation wasn't caught and only stray data was captured. It could also be noise on a frequency that caused it to be decoded as digital code 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.