searching w/Zip code on GRE 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lew

With the latest firmware upgrade I see you can seach RR using zip codes. would some one explain exactly how you do that? Do you do it with EZ scan or on the scanner or have I completely missed the boat?
Lew in SC

rwier

With the latest firmware upgrade I see you can seach RR using zip codes. would some one explain exactly how you do that? Do you do it with EZ scan or on the scanner or have I completely missed the boat?
Lew in SC

I use EZScan, and I wouldn't call it "searching" but rather "importing".

EZScan
Advanced Features tab
Set Location = On
go to Library Import tab
Select Import Type = Zip Code
Enter Zip Code
under Import Categories
Select Services (to import)
Import

You might want to start with an empty VS, so as to not mess up previous work!!

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Only works on ZIP CODES not postal codes...Bandplan needs to be set to USA

From the help guide
This (location import) screen will only appear if all of the following are true:

The Location Select option on the advanced features tab is set to On
The library frequency database has been updated to version 84 or later
The location database files have been installed on the computer (these should have been installed along with the update)
The default band plan on the General Settings page has been set to USA.

If the above is true, when the Library Import tab is selected, the Set Location screen will be shown. This screen allows frequencies to be imported using a county, city, or zip code and selecting the service types that are to be imported. When enabled, scan lists 151 through 200 will be reserved for the imported data. Items imported will be placed into scan lists based on the selected services.

rwier

........................Only works on ZIP CODES not postal codes...Bandplan needs to be set to USA ...............................................

Hi tk,

I'm a little naive about some things. I see your from Toronto. Are postal codes what Canada calls the mail areas? Are you saying that Canadians can't use this import feature? If so, that's not nice of Uniden. Maybe they are working on a second location "library".

Rob

rwier

Hi tk,

I'm a little naive about some things. I see your from Toronto. Are postal codes what Canada calls the mail areas? Are you saying that Canadians can't use this import feature? If so, that's not nice of Uniden. Maybe they are working on a second location "library".

Rob

Also, that means my answer to Lew was a bit narrow minded, Hmnnn, don't like that, should have done better.

Status
Not open for further replies.