TRX-1: Searching with TRX series

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaketech

Anybody out there having the problem I'm having with setting up a search.

If I program my TRX-1 to search the 70cm Ham Band or the Business frequencies in the 460 range, it is searching in the wrong channel spacing and seems never to stop on the correct frequency. (I'm in the USA, and have that selected)

For instance if it detects a signal on 441.200MHZ it usually stops before center frequency on 441.196875.

So... 441.196875 that frequency is "off"just a little and seems to have an affect locking on to a digital signal at times when it stops before the center frequency. I'm experiencing the same thing in the 450 and 460 business bands. Often you can hear the traffic but I know it is not landing on the proper frequency.

FLEXSTEP and/or ZEROMATIC seem not to help.

Is anyone else experiencing this? My firmware has been updated within the last week and I'm not sure if I'm missing an important parameter or if there's something wrong with my unit.

Any thoughts appreciated.

TAbirdman

have you updated the firmware? You didn't state what version your radio is running

jaketech

TRX-1 Search

My software updated it a few days ago, assume it's the latest.

Says on holding the button on power up:

uP boot 1.3
uP Appl 5.0

I wonder if I'm getting the most current?

TAbirdman

That is the current firmware - your DSP should be 3.0. Press and hold the menu button when the WHISTLER screen is shown and it will list all the versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.