SEARM Meeting - 18 July 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Ok, I'll try it again :) This is for all you new folks that have questions about your scanner or how do I listen to ... It's also for you old folks that know everything and just want to put a name and face together :)

The South-East Arizona Radio Monitoring Group (SEARM) has their monthly get together on this Saturday, 18 July 2015, from 6pm to 8 or 9 pm

Where: Village Inn Restaurant, 4245 E. Speedway Blvd., Tucson, Tucson

Open to anyone who has an interest. Come join us for dinner or pie, conversation about latest scanner events, and occasional product demonstrations.

If we have nothing to talk about, then we'll just have fun talking about nothing !!!

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
These always seem to happen when I'm not going to be in Tucson! I'll make next month's meetup for sure - I'm going to be moving to the area at the end of this month. :)

Question for you since I can't attend this month: What frequencies are used for Skywarn out there? I was in town last weekend during the severe storm that passed thru Tucson and was listening to the amateur freq's in the area but didn't hear any storm spotters out. Do they use a different frequency for that out there?

Thanks,
-AZ

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
It looks like any of the EAARS networked stations will carry the Skywarn activity.

SKYWARNAZ.ORG - Home

I've been negligent in my duties as a weather spotter, so I had to look it up myself. I used to check in on the net....Have to drag out the 2m and see what can be done :)

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Hey AZ,

This is what you missed last night.... It's also the reason I am not on my 2m.... Too busy :)

Attachments

• FLANOS-FOTOS-9337X800.jpg
    FLANOS-FOTOS-9337X800.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 70
  • FLANOS-FOTOS-9449X800.jpg
    FLANOS-FOTOS-9449X800.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 70
Status
Not open for further replies.