Seaside Heights PD CH 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
I started a new this job this week. Today, I worked with 4 great guys who worked the undercover division of SHPD. I was sitting next to him during an operation, and he had a fancy Motorola radio. I didn't get the model, but it looked like a TRBO Radio. He said he and the UC unit operate off channel 5 and its digitally encrypted. Based on hearing the radio talk next to me, it definitely is digital. Unsure if it's P25 or TRBO, but it's irrelevant as it's encrypted anyway. He did mention Seaside has channels 1-3, then 5. Where's Channel 4, haha? He also said he can talk to Seaside Park and Berkeley, but not Toms River on his radio. He also confirmed it's simplex and not on the repeater.

Just thought I'd share!

Last edited:

W2SJW

Database Admin
It's probably TRBO, then if he can't talk to Toms River (as they are P25).

It's really starting to take hold here in NJ - why spend $1500 or more per portable when you can go DMR for about $600...

Sent from may Galaxy S6 via Tapatalk 6

elias1988

Feed Provider
Berkeley Township is P25 also.... There's already a channel 5 listed in the DB,i'm monitoring it in search mode and will post my findings if there's any. I've only seen one TRBO radio in use on patrol and operates in analog mode only. Rest of the portables are Motorola PR860.

Last edited:

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
His digital radio worked analog on channels 1, 2 & 3. Only the portables are digital on channel 5. Headquarters cannot hear them when they are on 5.

fishman741

Its been about 4 or 5 days now and I hear nothing on 460.350. Been listening to this freq for what seems decades. Did they move?

Status
Not open for further replies.