Seaside PD repeater question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baker845

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about Seaside PD repeater ? sounds like a voted system, but wondering if anyone know's anything about the repeater?

thanks

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
It doesn’t have to cover a large area, and there aren‘t any real hills to contend with, so I’d be surprised if there were more than one repeater location in use for Seaside PD. I’m just guessing though. Maybe they also dispatch for Cannon Beach? If that’s the case then two repeaters would make sense. I do spend a fair amount of time in Oceanside, about 40 miles to the south, and I pickup Seaside PD from there pretty well at times. But as with Lincoln County to the south, it really depends on the atmospheric conditions. If it’s rainy & stormy I can usually only hear stuff inside of Tillamook County. However clear, high pressure weather often brings good tropo conditions to the coast and I’ve picked up things from as far away as Bandon to the south, or Pacific County, WA to the north, or Yamhill County to the SE. When conditions are good Seaside PD comes booming in, as does Clatsop Sheriff and Fire. Curiously though, I’ve never heard Cannon Beach PD from Oceanside.

Baker845

Cannon beach is dispatched on Seaside's frequency. There 700 units, i been hearing them on the feed. I was just wondering, the repeater they use sounds a lot different them it did a few years ago, and been in radio stuff for 20 plus year's, sounds a lot like a voted system.

radiotweester

I can't answer definitely, but KSS323 154.650 does have 2 repeaters. 1 in Seaside on S HOLLADAY DR and 1 5km S-SW.
It still could have a few voted RX sites, but this could also explain the different sound.

mikegilbert

MHz so good
After listening to the feed, it sounds like they're using a mix of DigiTACs and Ratheon / JPS SNV-12 voters.

The SNV-12 has a distinctive 'growl' after the status tone is muted. Same sound PGE's outgoing VHF system makes. It also appears as if dispatchers are using control stations instead of 4-wire repeater control.

Here in LA, LA County Fire has replaced their DigiTACs with SNV-12s.

KE7JFF

It is a voter, I can't remember the exact arragement, but its two sites as I recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.