Seasonal Change Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBRR

Hi,

Would like to understand this a bit better.

What normally happens at the two seasonal database changes each year:

e.g., do "most" of the regular HF stations:

still use the frequency they were using previously ? Just a relatively few may change ?
still use the frequency they were using before, but switch times
most keep everything the same
a few do change frequencies, but times stay the same
etc.

Thanks,
Bob

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
There really is no more 'changes 2 times a year'. It seems to happen when stations feel the need. That's why keeping up with reflectors like World of Radio (which regularly publishes schedule changes) is a must. And you're right when you say that some might not change; some may simply change the times of their transmissions

Mike

BOBRR

Hi,

Thanks.

Good info.

I really thought (assumed) that it was "only" at these two formal seasonal times.

Will look at the World of Radio, definitely.

Best regards, stay well,
Bob

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
There was a time, many years ago, when there would be 4 changes a year, and the ITU published a different colored book for each one, but it got too much of a hassle and expensive to continue

Mike

Boombox

Even during those eras, a lot of stations stayed on the same frequencies year in, year out. Radio Australia was perennially on 9580 and 5995, as one example. The last few years I've noticed the remaining stations on SW seem to adhere to the same frequencies, with few changes. I just keep EiBi up on my tablet computer (even with the internet connection off) and scroll through to see what I'm hearing if I'm having trouble with an ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.