Seatac airport, where did they go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stavro35

I used to hear various airlines in communication with their operations people at Seatac on various "company frequencies" in the vhf band around 128.5 to 132.0 . . I would hear things as simple as

"592 in range" .

Or "592 with requests.. And then they would say they need a wheelchair. Or they have a minor that needs to be met at the gate.

So, when I'm home. And there isn't a lot going on, I do a lot of searches. And I haven't heard a peep from any of the airline operations at Seatac in that range in awhile.

I do hear them at the airport on their hand held radios, all the time. Yes, I'm close enough to hear that and ATC comms from my condo here in the Winslow area of Bainbridge island

D

DaveNF2G

They have probably shifted to ACARS. Some airlines have practically abandoned voice communications for "company" traffic.

dpm3

I am hearing very occasional talk on Alaska Air's frequency (131.200) from what sounds as if it is the "ground" side of a conversation. The fact that the airplane side of the conversation is not audible might suggest that that it is on the ground; and that might suggest that these "company channels" (or at least this one) might be relegated to "on the ground / at the terminal" conversations only. I'll keep my desktop radio parked on this frequency and see if I can learn anything more.

storm777

Premium Subscriber
They're still there

Steve, I picked up a Pro-164 today at a pawn shop and decided to use it exclusively for aviation monitoring. I've been searching 128.825--132 Mhz and have logged about a dozen "company" frequencies already. I am about 2 1/2 miles due south of Seatac.

They are still active, it seems. You're pretty close yourself; hopefully you're hearing something!!

I'll be sending in a database update over the weekend when I have a little more time to organize my new finds.

Stavro35

Fair enough, I must not be searching for activity at the right time. Side note, when my sister was in Atlanta her then boyfriend and I went to pick her up at the airport. And i followed her flight on my scanner and that included the "in range" call from the company frequency.

storm777

Premium Subscriber
I got all of the hits I mentioned between 1700 and 2100 local time. I'll see how active the freqs are this weekend during the day, as well.

Strange enough, I have done the same with company freqs and scanner while waiting for flights. I used to drive for an airport transportation service to/from the Syracuse NY airport and it came in handy sometimes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.