SeatBelts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure you have your Seatbelts on. MSP and Other local Law Enforcement agencies are checking heavily for that today. I don't about you but I can't afford $65.

I noticed when I was leaving Baker College Clinton PD was watching for that.

Just a side note: Michigan is number one out of all the states for wearing their Seatbelts. Nice to know were #1 in something. Now for driving thats whole nother ball game.

Last edited:

freqs

Make sure you have your Seatbelts on. MSP and Other local Law Enforcement agencies are checking heavily for that today. I don't about you but I can't afford $65.

I noticed when I was leaving Baker College Clinton PD was watching for that.

Just a side note: Michigan is number one out of all the states for wearing their Seatbelts. Nice to know were #1 in something. Now for driving thats whole nother ball game.

Centerline has been doing a seatbelt enforcement on Van Dyke by the Detroit Harley .They need to do speed traps on VanDyke from 8 mile to 10 most drivers are well above the posted 35 mph

Piston52Heavy

I wear my seatbelt but I think it's interesting that police departments actually set up on the roads and watch for people not wearing seat belts. Why don't they set up on the roads in the Winter and ticket people for not brushing snow off their cars/windows? If I'm not wearing my seat belt, the only person I'm putting at risk is myself. If I don't brush off the snow on my back window, not only am I putting myself in danger, but I'm putting other drivers in danger as well. Drivers visibility is reduced when they don't take time to brush snow off their cars.

k8tmk

I have no problem with seat-belt enforcement, although I do think our police officers need to rethink their priorities. Wearing a seatbelt has prevented very few, if any, accidents. But I do agree that wearing a seatbelt can reduce injuries in an accident.

I often happen upon a "seatbelt enforcement zone." I don't understand how so many people receive tickets in these zones because they are well marked in advance of entering one.

My complaint is that a quarter mile away, people are ignoring four-way stop signs. And that DOES cause accidents. A couple of years ago, I know of two cars that got totaled at a 4-way stop! Both drivers said they stopped.

Police officers need to pay more attention to violations that can cause accidents, like speeding, passing on yellow lines, passing on the right, not completely stopping at stop signs, and running red lights. Then, it there is time left, work on seatbelt enforcement.

On a different subject, Michigan needs to ticket people who don't seem to understand where their "upper right corner" is when they affix their yearly expiration sticker. And many people apparently are playing 4-corner Bingo with them. I even know of a teacher who stuck her original sticker in the middle! So much for teaching kids how to read and comprehend!

Randy, K8TMK

SCPD

QRT
On a different subject, Michigan needs to ticket people who don't seem to understand where their "upper right corner" is when they affix their yearly expiration sticker. And many people apparently are playing 4-corner Bingo with them. I even know of a teacher who stuck her original sticker in the middle! So much for teaching kids how to read and comprehend!

Randy, K8TMK

Well if they actually added waterproof glue to the back of them it'd be easier to put them in the right place. I had to use superglue and stick it to the sticker on the bottom right corner where I mistakenly put my old one. I doubt cops even care, as long as they're up to date. I've been pulled over for some pretty minor reasons, but that's never been one of them.

Last edited:

N2JDS

Please Do wear your seat belts

I wear my seatbelt but I think it's interesting that police departments actually set up on the roads and watch for people not wearing seat belts. Why don't they set up on the roads in the Winter and ticket people for not brushing snow off their cars/windows? If I'm not wearing my seat belt, the only person I'm putting at risk is myself. If I don't brush off the snow on my back window, not only am I putting myself in danger, but I'm putting other drivers in danger as well. Drivers visibility is reduced when they don't take time to brush snow off their cars.

Anybody that thinks that if they don't wear seat belts only effects themselves, please watch this video.
http://paramedic-ems.com/seatbelt.mpg.mpeg

25 + years in EMS, have seen plenty of after effects of people not wearing them.

seamusg

Police officers need to pay more attention to violations that can cause accidents, like speeding, passing on yellow lines, passing on the right, not completely stopping at stop signs, and running red lights. Then, it there is time left, work on seatbelt enforcement.

Randy, K8TMK
Passing on the right is legal in Michigan.

Passing on the Right
When two or more lanes of traffic are moving in the same
direction, passing other vehicles in either lane is allowed. However,
slower moving vehicles should always stay in the lane
farthest to the right except when preparing to make a left turn.

Piston52Heavy

Another thing the police SHOULD be doing is ticketing the morons that speed in neighborhoods! Start nailing these creeps that are doing 35 M.P.H. or more in subdivisions! No, they're gonna have 5-6 cars on a main road watching for people not wearing a seat belt.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Seat belt enforcement zones are funded almost entirely with federal funds, plus they get the ticket income. If you want snowy windshield enforcement zones too, contact your congressman.

SCPD

QRT
The people they need to pull over are drivers who also go 10 mph or more under. They're causing a traffic hazard for those of us who drive the speed limit.

Piston52Heavy

Seat belt enforcement zones are funded almost entirely with federal funds, plus they get the ticket income. If you want snowy windshield enforcement zones too, contact your congressman.

I shouldn't have to contact my congressman for an issue like this. Police should have the common sense to ticket people for not brushing the snow off their windows. I guess they just don't want to get out of their car on a cold day!

bigbluemsp

Another thing the police SHOULD be doing is ticketing the morons that speed in neighborhoods! Start nailing these creeps that are doing 35 M.P.H. or more in subdivisions! No, they're gonna have 5-6 cars on a main road watching for people not wearing a seat belt.

Subs are tricky becuase it can only be enforced with expressed permission from the home owners association and or if the right of ways is maintained by local, county or state roadcrews..

Other then that it's private property (most are anyway).

Piston52Heavy

Subs are tricky becuase it can only be enforced with expressed permission from the home owners association and or if the right of ways is maintained by local, county or state roadcrews..

Other then that it's private property (most are anyway).

What if one of the streets is actually a county road?

a29zuk

I would like to see more drivers ticketed for tailgating. Many accidents are started because drivers following too close have to swerve to miss a slowing or stopping car in front of them causing a collision involving multiple vehichles. Probably 40% of the drivers are zoned in on just the car in front of them instead of seeing the whole picture and watching what is going on down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.