Seattle Station 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Whenever I walk by Station 5 on Seattle's waterfront there is always a medic or aid car there... but has a placard on it stating the number as the rest of the ambulances do. what medic/air car is this? is it even in service? ive never seen it out of the bay.

thanks.

soundguy_dave

Premium Subscriber
Does it have a holder for a placard and just doesn't have one in? If It has a number what is it?

AFAIK Apparatus that lives at Station 5 is:
E4 Suburban
E5
Fireboat "Chief Leschi" (Dispatched as E4)

Other Boats that will rotate to the station depending on needs/ maintenance. (Typically always Dispatched as E4 as it is the only boat crew on in the City and they have to drive to the Fisherman's Terminal Station)

Fireboat "Chief Seattle" (Currently in Dry Dock for retrofit)
Fireboat "Engine One" (50' Fast Attack Boat)
Fireboat "Alki" (To be Retired this year after put in service in 1928)

Battalion 7 will spend a lot of time here as well.
Other than that possibly a Reserve Rig.

They Used to have an antique truck there that they would pull out of the bay on a good summer day for tourists. Not sure if its still there or maybe up at Old Station 10.

N7DKL

Premium Subscriber
Funny story,

Years ago (early 1990's) I was dispatching for Airlift Northwest and Shepard Ambulance. We had the scanner on for SFD and heard them dispatch Engine 4 to somewhere around 2nd and Madison or so. We were looking at each other strangely when we heard "Dispatch, unless there has been a major flood do you mind if we take Engine 5 instead?"

SCPD

QRT
Exactly my thought. (and somone said there were no dumb questions.) :)

there are no dumb questions... if people didnt ask questions what would be the point of this site? it seems in her first reply it said there was NO number on the ambulance...

DickH

there are no dumb questions... if people didnt ask questions what would be the point of this site? it seems in her first reply it said there was NO number on the ambulance...

There id no "first reply". This is her first and only message on that subject. There may be another thread I don't know about, but we are discussing this thread.

QUOTE: Whenever I walk by Station 5 on Seattle's waterfront there is always a medic or aid car there... but has a placard on it stating the number as the rest of the ambulances do. what medic/air car is this? is it even in service? ive never seen it out of the bay." UNQUOTE

SCPD

QRT
There id no "first reply". This is her first and only message on that subject. There may be another thread I don't know about, but we are discussing this thread.

QUOTE: Whenever I walk by Station 5 on Seattle's waterfront there is always a medic or aid car there... but has a placard on it stating the number as the rest of the ambulances do. what medic/air car is this? is it even in service? ive never seen it out of the bay." UNQUOTE

ok :)

FFSOD7189

Retired Fire Lieutenant
Premium Subscriber
What # and no such thing as an Ambulance in any Puget Sound Fire Department. Puget Sound Firefighters refer to Ambulances as a private Company Transporting Unit such as AMR or Rural Metro. Puget Sound Fire Departments use Aid Cars or Medic Units.

Status
Not open for further replies.