Sebastian County trunking problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwalk

Premium Subscriber
If the "G" is showing, you are set for global attenuation.

That is going to be your problem.

Being in Van Buren, you should have full scale on your towers. Ft Smith Simulcast has towers you could probably see from Logtown Hill.

G was showing in the particular file I was running at that time and I understand global attenuation should be turned off. It makes no difference which file I'm running or if G is on or off. All is quiet on the trunking front.

dwalk

Premium Subscriber
Eureka!!!

I've heard many folks complain about Radio Shacks in all parts of the country. That is not true of RS in Van Buren, AR. I explained the problem to David. Even told him about several forum members who sent me their WIN500 files and none of them worked either. David said he'd be happy to swap radios with me and for me to bring it in. As soon as I got my newest 197 home and loaded with my file, the radio came to life instantly and hasn't quit. I'm very happy with the radio, very happy with Radio Shack, and most of all--I'm really, really happy that it wasn't me doing something incredibly dumb!!! Thanks again to all forum members that jumped in to help. Each of you helped me eliminate many possibilities and got me to return the radio sooner rather than later.

P.S. The radio I returned did not have the standard RS power supply. The power supply should not have been the problem and should have been compatible but crazier things have happened in the universe of electronics. Of course, the possiblilty exists that it was the radio itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.