Sebastian County trunking problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwalk

Premium Subscriber
Purchased Pro 197 two weeks ago and immediately purchased RR subscription to use in conjunction with ARC500 trial software. I have had no problem connecting to RR, downloading to ARC500, and uploading to scanner. All conventional freqs work beautifully but I get NO trunking action at all from Sebastian and Crawford counties. Countless hours have been spent checking and double checking all of the common rookie mistakes and searching forums for similar problems. Rather than trying to further diagnose what I might be missing, I'm wondering if some kind soul would post a known-to-work ARC500 file with Sebastian County for me to try. Thanks!

dwalk

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. Been there, done that. What I haven't done is to try using an ARC500 file of Sebastian County from someone in my area that uses it and knows that it works. If anyone has such a file and would like to share, it would be greatly appreciated.

chrish04

Thanks. Been there, done that. What I haven't done is to try using an ARC500 file of Sebastian County from someone in my area that uses it and knows that it works. If anyone has such a file and would like to share, it would be greatly appreciated.

I sent you a PM check your messages

poppafred

Purchased Pro 197 two weeks ago and immediately purchased RR subscription to use in conjunction with ARC500 trial software. I have had no problem connecting to RR, downloading to ARC500, and uploading to scanner. All conventional freqs work beautifully but I get NO trunking action at all from Sebastian and Crawford counties. Countless hours have been spent checking and double checking all of the common rookie mistakes and searching forums for similar problems. Rather than trying to further diagnose what I might be missing, I'm wondering if some kind soul would post a known-to-work ARC500 file with Sebastian County for me to try. Thanks!

Not sure about Crawford Co, but Sebastian Co is 100% AWIN now, same as ASP and Ft Smith PD.

Try loading the AWIN System with closest towers and see if that works.

PS: I use Win500 so I can't offer a file....

dwalk

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I did load AWIN with no results. I've since downloaded WIN500, downloaded from RR and uploaded to scanner with identical results. Is it possible it's the radio? If you'd like to send me the WIN500 file, I'd love to try it out to see if it's the radio or if it's me. Thanks again.

dwalk

Premium Subscriber
Is your 197 showing that it is trunking? (black square with a "T" in it)
I'm currently scanning only Bank 1 which is trunking only. G appears constantly. Occasionally, approximately once every minute, the T comes up and disappears. The T might flash quickly, and then it might not. When I turn on Bank 2 (which is all conventional), the same thing...both banks scan with an occasional T appearing.

Highpockets

On the Sebeastian System, try picking the closest tower (only program 1 site) and your TG's and try it.

I didn't notice at first they moved to AWIN, I guess this won't help then.

Last edited:

Highpockets

I did a quick import of AWIN with the Sabeastian sites, you can try it and see if it works if you want.

If you do, unzip this file into the Win500 directory, run Win500, open the AWIN.p500 file and check it out.

Last edited:

dwalk

Premium Subscriber
I did a quick import of AWIN with the Sabeastian sites, you can try it and see if it works if you want.

If you do, unzip this file into the Win500 directory, run Win500, open the AWIN.p500 file and check it out.
Thanks so much for the file. I loaded it in and have been monitoring it for the past 3 hours. The good news--I'm getting some light traffic. The bad news--I know there's a whole lot more that's not coming through.

dwalk

Premium Subscriber
What are you not hearing that you think you should?
I live in Van Buren, a small town next to Ft. Smith. I hear far more on the Van Buren conventional freqs than I do on all of the Ft. Smith trunking combined and Ft. Smith is 7-8 times larger in population. I should be hearing much more police and sheriff.

Highpockets

I live in Van Buren, a small town next to Ft. Smith. I hear far more on the Van Buren conventional freqs than I do on all of the Ft. Smith trunking combined and Ft. Smith is 7-8 times larger in population. I should be hearing much more police and sheriff.

The locals will have to take over from here, I don't know the area.

One thing you can try is, click the TSYS tab, highlight the AWIN system, look over on right "Frequencies" and add these 3 freq's and see if that helps.

I believe that is the Van Buren site listed in the database. You didn't tell me where you lived before, all you said was Sebeastian County.

Highpockets

That last post might not help, I looked at the map in the database and Van Buren county (went back, you said a small town) is pretty far from Sebeastian County.

I better let the locals take over, sorry I can't help you more.

Last edited:

dwalk

Premium Subscriber
That last post might not help, I looked at the map in the database and Van Buren county (went back, you said a small town) is pretty far from Sebeastian County.

I better let the locals take over, sorry I can't help you more.
Van Buren is my city and it is in Crawford County. Van Buren (the city) operates on conventional freqs so I have no problem receiving them on the pro 197.. Sebastian County has some conventional + the trunking. Thanks for the help.

Highpockets

Sounds like you made some headway.

One question, what was different in the file I made that worked compared to the one you were using that you said you heard nothing?

dwalk

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like you made some headway.

One question, what was different in the file I made that worked compared to the one you were using that you said you heard nothing?

That's the $64 question. I've been comparing the two side by side and thus far have found no difference in settings. Another kind member of the forum living nearby sent me his file with similar results--I pick up a few of his freqs but again, there should be much more traffic in this part of the state. I'm heading to the Shack this weekend and maybe they will swap out the radio so I can at least eliminate that possibility.

poppafred

If the "G" is showing, you are set for global attenuation.

That is going to be your problem.

Being in Van Buren, you should have full scale on your towers. Ft Smith Simulcast has towers you could probably see from Logtown Hill.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.