sebring questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

nohomepatrol

I recently moved to Sebring and entered the zip code into my home patrol 2. I have not been able to get police and fire. Are the Highlands county police and fire monitor-able? How about the sate police? ThANKS

wbswetnam

Unfortunately, Florida is probably THE most scanner-listener-unfriendly state in the USA. I used to live in Fort Myers, Florida fifteen years ago, back when the FHP was still monitorable on some vestige VHF-high FM repeater sites. Since going to SLERS in 2003 they have been completely unmonitorable. I'm glad that I live now in Arkansas where the state police can be listened to.

RF-Burns

I recently moved to Sebring and entered the zip code into my home patrol 2. I have not been able to get police and fire. Are the Highlands county police and fire monitor-able? How about the sate police? ThANKS

You can listen to all Fire and EMS in Highlands County, but all Police Traffic is Encrypted. I updated the database a few years ago when they joined the Polk County System with all the Talkgroups. Best thing to do is only monitor the Highland County Simlucast frequencies along with the Highlands County Talkgroups. Take out Polk and Hardee County to help out on LMS Distortion.

Status
Not open for further replies.