Second Nature Entrada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick

Very interesting listening about their expedition groups & hiking plans.

WQBX254
Second Nature Entrada
2711 Santa Clara Dr Ste 400
Santa Clara, UT 84765
Wilderness Therapy for Adults & Their Families | Second Nature

467.325 D165 Base
463.825 D503 Mobile

That is an unusual split for base and mobile for certain.

Their complete list of licensed freqs are:

This info has been submitted to the database.

atech

Premium Subscriber
That looks like 5 Mhz split to me! 467.325 TX & 462.325 RX should be one of the pairs!

Mick

Since normal splits in UHF 450-470 band are 5.0 MHz, and this one is 3.5 MHz, with the base and mobile opposite of the normal base on the lower frq, that's what I meant about it being an unusual split.

That looks like 5 Mhz split to me! 467.325 TX & 462.325 RX should be one of the pairs!

bchris

Very interesting listening about their expedition groups & hiking plans.

Mick,

Thanks for the info. I have in fact listened to them on occasion. I had been trying to figure out the location of their treks, but was unable to do so. Once or twice they referred to the name of a road, but I did not know of the road nor could I see it on a map. Recently I stopped listening to them and locked out the freqs.

I am impressed that you found this. It seems you would need to spend quite a bit of time in the area, or possibly have some other connection to Second Nature. You wouldn't find this by just passing through. While often in the area for other reasons, I did spend a lot of time searching for new or unidentified freqs. It took a long time for me to search, hear it, decide it might be interesting, program it into my scanner, listen more, identify the type of traffic, and look up the name in FCC records. You must have followed a similar process. I never thought to find them on the internet like you did.

Your location on your profile is a bit vague, but you must reside or have spent some time in Southern Utah. You have tons of posts, but have not been much involved in the Utah forum. What-up? Where you from? Come on, man, introduce yourself!

--bc

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
I've also listened to this group while travelling in Southern Utah, but it's nice to have the complete info. I assume they are not using a repeater, but just two frequencies.

Another interesting group is Aspen Youth Services (152.435/157.695, 186.2) in Loa which can be heard all over SE Utah. They seem to take groups of wayward youth on outings and are anal about monitoring every aspect of the trips. :)

-Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.