Secret Service 407.6750

Status
Not open for further replies.

peten1vak

Premium Subscriber
Hillary Clinton made a stop at Pitt County community College on 11 3/16. I am about 5 miles away from the college. I have a discone about 30 feet up in the air. I was monitoring all of the federal Secret Service frequencies hoping to hear something. At about 8 o'clock that morning I started hearing some key downs on 407.675. I caught one 14 second conversation on this frequency. Operators were talking about setting up and being identified. The activity was from approximately 8 o'clock to 10 AM and then nothing. If they were using wireless body microphones I guess I was too far away to hear anything on any other frequencies.

ecps92

Analog ?, P25, DMR ?
PL/DPL ? / NAC ?

What make/model scanner ??

Hillary Clinton made a stop at Pitt County community College on 11 3/16. I am about 5 miles away from the college. I have a discone about 30 feet up in the air. I was monitoring all of the federal Secret Service frequencies hoping to hear something. At about 8 o'clock that morning I started hearing some key downs on 407.675. I caught one 14 second conversation on this frequency. Operators were talking about setting up and being identified. The activity was from approximately 8 o'clock to 10 AM and then nothing. If they were using wireless body microphones I guess I was too far away to hear anything on any other frequencies.

peten1vak

Premium Subscriber
Analog ?, P25, DMR ?

The scanner was a RadioShack Pro 668. The transmission was heard analog. There was no squelch tone or anything like that. As I said I am approximately 5 miles from the site and have a discone 30 feet in the air and the transmission was fairly weak so they must be using low-power.

Airboss

Silent Key
The scanner was a RadioShack Pro 668. The transmission was heard analog. There was no squelch tone or anything like that. As I said I am approximately 5 miles from the site and have a discone 30 feet in the air and the transmission was fairly weak so they must be using low-power.

406.675 is a nationwide Secret Service assignment for dignitary movements. It is paired with 416.675 and can be a simplex, repeater talk around or repeater output. Nice catch.

Chief

ecps92

Yes, but he asked about 407.6750

406.6750 is a FEMA allocation

406.675 is a nationwide Secret Service assignment for dignitary movements. It is paired with 416.675 and can be a simplex, repeater talk around or repeater output. Nice catch.

Chief

ka2aradio

Premium Subscriber
I always though that the Secret Service used encryption for all of their communications.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

reconrider8

Only if you remember to switch to encryption.

it would seem that as high priority as the people they transport that they would do radio checks for all the radios before they set foot on the plane to leave. being they transport/protect some high priority threats and they cant remember to flip a switch. BUT hey it makes for some fun listening if you can get close enough with a radio

Airboss

Silent Key
Yes, but he asked about 407.6750

406.6750 is a FEMA allocation

Sorry about that Bill and all. The brain had it right but the fingers typed something else totally. Still getting use to a new HP laptop keyboard. ;-)

407.675 is a USSS assignment designator is USSS "White" and it is a nationwide allocation with a repeater input of 416.675.

Sorry for the mistype, but that doesn't change the usage. USSS all the way.

Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.