Secret Service @ airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
Secret Service has just arrived at the UANG side of the airport. Anyone know of any "visitors" expected today?

jawhite2

gldavis said:
Secret Service has just arrived at the UANG side of the airport. Anyone know of any "visitors" expected today?

Mick,

What frequencies are you hearing them on?

Thanks,

John

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
I heard a comment on a different freq about them being at the Airport this morning. I took a look after work and didn't see any unusual aircraft there. I've been monitoring/searching the fed bands the past week and haven't heard anything unusual. I figured with the weekend everyone is off. Maybe next week things will pick up.

jerk

gldavis said:
I heard a comment on a different freq about them being at the Airport this morning. I took a look after work and didn't see any unusual aircraft there. I've been monitoring/searching the fed bands the past week and haven't heard anything unusual. I figured with the weekend everyone is off. Maybe next week things will pick up.
Time to hide the printing press... :wink:
They might have been investigating a threat or something else in their line of work.

But it would be a good opportunity to pick up a frequency or two.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
I haven't heard anything unusual over the weekend witht he exception of a copter flight that landed at the ANG side of the airport. These are not the same ones that were there a couple of weeks ago. Due to where they're parked, I can't get a good look at them. They arrived yesterday afternoon. I will be out of town today, so no listening for me.

KT7L

Yesterday, two military chopper's were returning -- by my house -- from Mitt's home area in Deer Valley, the Jordenelle side, -- and back down the I 80/Parley's....

Some prep. must be underway for Weds. visit by the Commander in Chief.....

BTW, there is only one, very long, small road that accesses Mitt's house from DV. I am sure that will be monitored quite well !

Utah_Viper

I am guessing if they drive in a motorcade it will have to go right up parleys, that should really throw a wrench into traffic. I am expecting that we will want to monitor UHP, any special freqs we can muster, and Park City area. This should be a good time to try and get any new data.

KT7L

Viper:

Unless they rely on choppers -- not likely -- they will have to use Parley's Canyon....

The UHP VHF frequency, .610, will cover everything they do for those that can monitor it. Park City Police will have only a small involvement -- UCAN site 24 covers UHP, Summit Co, and Park City. CC 867.9125

Unlisted Frequencies? Who knows :)

KT7L

Well, the reception -- $7,300 per person, is at Mitt Romney's house on the North side of Deer Valley, just East of Deer Crest.

Don't know the schedule, other than it's Tomarrow....

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
It sounds like a couple of C-17's are inbound to the airport at this time. Room is being made on the UANG side for them.

fastattackus

I saw the helo's come in on Sunday. They were the "white tops" from HX-1, the Marine corp detachment that does all the vip transports i.e. Marine One and so on. It was really awesome to see 3 Sea Kings and 2 blackhawks (which look tiny comparatively speaking) flying in formation into the airport. So I'd imagine that they will be doing some flying around over the next day or two. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they don't want to use a back country undefensible road to take the Pres up to Mitt's place!

Utah_Viper

fastattackus said:
I saw the helo's come in on Sunday. They were the "white tops" from HX-1, the Marine corp detachment that does all the vip transports i.e. Marine One and so on. It was really awesome to see 3 Sea Kings and 2 blackhawks (which look tiny comparatively speaking) flying in formation into the airport. So I'd imagine that they will be doing some flying around over the next day or two. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they don't want to use a back country undefensible road to take the Pres up to Mitt's place!

They were "white tops" ?? That makes me wonder if we might not only get Air Force One but maybe also Marine One. Deer valley is just enough distance, and a single route that a motorcade may be decided against this time. Guess we will find out tomorrow what way it all goes.

On a second note SLCPD is busy tonight on the 'Motors' Tg setting up barricades all over town. I know that Bush does intend to meet with the LDS President while here as well as the events in Deer Valley. Going to be a busy 24 hours.

tyler1653

I will be working in SLC tomorrow.... Which channels would be likely canidates to hear something interesting on. I have never monitored a presidential motorcade before.

Utah_Viper

tyler1653 said:
I will be working in SLC tomorrow.... Which channels would be likely candidates to hear something interesting on. I have never monitored a presidential motorcade before.

Well your guess is good as ours.... However here are the key areas im thinking to get some activities on, being simi vague as the exact set could be anything:

SLC AC33 System:
SLC PD Tac Tg's
SLC Motors
Airport Ops Channels

UCAN:
UHP SL & Summit
SL Co Regional
Summit Co. Regional
Ops, Event, Tac Tg's

Just found some news that is quite interesting:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=3402253

After Mr. Bush arrives on Air Force One, he will head to a private home in Salt Lake. The couple who lives there will hold a $10,000-a-person luncheon and reception for the president. White House staff members and Secret Service agents were at the home this afternoon.

From there, Mr. Bush will take a Marine One helicopter, flanked by decoys, to Park City where he will attend an evening fundraiser at the home of former GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney. Those who attend the fundraiser are reportedly being asked to contribute at least $30,000 a person, or $70,000 a couple, to attend.

Last edited:

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
I am hearing a bunch of radio tests on Event 9 (TG: 18688). Not sure if it related or not but it could be prep stuff for today.
- This appears just to be PD support for a run

Also I was hearing Prep work on UHP 18 Protective Service Car to Car (TG: 4672).

Last edited:

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
It looks like this has become the Presidents visit thread, so I'll just add info here rather than start a new one. (If that's okay with the majority)

So far I've heard two KC-135 tankers, four F-16 fighters, and two A-10 Warthogs getting ready for the visit. Suggested freqs for the HMX-1 choppers are 46.750 and 375.000.
I think I heard some comms relating to a couple of Apache's from Airport #2, but not confirmed.

So far nothing new/unusual on the Secret Service channels; or unusual Fed traffic. However the UANG trunk site is getting a workout this morning. (Site-4 on the HAFB system).

I am not watching/listening to UCAN or SLC, so I'm hopeing someone else here is.

Status
Not open for further replies.