Secret X-37B Space Plane Spotted by Amateur Skywatchers

Status
Not open for further replies.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
36514 is in classfd.tle. Have not yet used this TLE to observe it myself.

So far I have just used heavens-above.com to see it.

n2nxz

Oddly enough,this TLE vanished from my Orbitron list.Anyone know where to get the space plane TLE file?

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
The SEESAT-L forum publishes updates every few days.

E-Man

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Partial Story from August's Monitoring Times:

According to an article in the Sunday Cape Town Times, he and like-minded amateur
astronomer/hams had wanted to know the whereabouts of the recently launched and mysterious
X-37B shuttle-looking, pilotless satellite mentioned in last month’s Communications column. Not only were they able to spot the Air Force satellite, but calculating its orbit (about 92 minutes) and speed (8 km/sec) was child’s play. And, with his homemade telescope he was also able to record footage of the not-so-secret craft.
The feat earned the 70 year-old a mention in the New York Times, which also noted that the amateur team discovered that the satellite moves as far as 40 degrees north latitude to 40 degrees south, placing it over Afghanistan, Iraq and (surprise!) North Korea every four days.

moonbounce

Spy Plane?

Don't know what form this should go in so hopefully this one is okay. An interesting news article on the latest USA mystery plane.

X-37B has been circling the Earth for nearly two years | National Post

X-37B has been circling the Earth for nearly two years

LOS ANGELES – What looks like a mini space shuttle, can fly itself for millions of miles and goes by the name X-37B?

Must be a secret space weapon.

Or something to rocket next-generation spy gear into orbit.

Last edited by a moderator:

PACNWDude

Well if anyone ever hears any telemetry from this, post it here.

"Moon suits", must be checking the hydrazine. (Glad my days of doing that are over.....lol.)

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
I had the TLEs and actually saw it orbit a while ago. I also remember it had some UHF downlink frequency (~450 MHz ? Can't remember now) but never heard anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.