securitas in nj

Status
Not open for further replies.

recompiler

I have searched for securitas FCC licenses and only found some in Texas. I assume they are registered through law firms.

I looked up some of the known tower locations and it looks like some of them aren't registered 0-o ?

I was running closecall only mode but didn't hit anything. I snapped a pic of the tower

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_gCo96oLZgtc/S85H1Ool5zI/AAAAAAAAIyw/c_mE2AaoDjQ/s512/P1040409.JPG

From what I can tell it's likely 154.625 MHz . It appears the tower may not even be used any-more, and license is cancelled. Do antenna towers need to come down after their permits are cancelled?

Any thoughts or experiences?

Might securitas be running in unlicensed band even on larger sites?

It may be licensed through their client. I have dealt with several sites where Securitas or Allied Barton were the security vendor and the radios were owned by the site that way when they dump the security contractor they don't lose their infrastructure. A great deal of those sites also lease their equipment or arrange licensing through a third party service.

siren134

Not sure if thay are licensed at all we had to change DPL's because they were hitting our repeater from one of their NY sites Trinity Church. After speaking with one of their directors who had no idea what freq or pl's they were useing I contacted their radio vendor Metro Comm, and he verified that they were not licensed on the freq they were using. But it takes to long for the FCC to do anything so we changed our dpl.

Last edited:

recompiler

It may be licensed through their client. I have dealt with several sites where Securitas or Allied Barton were the security vendor and the radios were owned by the site that way when they dump the security contractor they don't lose their infrastructure. A great deal of those sites also lease their equipment or arrange licensing through a third party service.

I looked into that, the facility used to have a license until 2005... Maybe they thought if there's no 'nag screen' they're still licensed....

Status
Not open for further replies.