Sedalia Accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Douglas County: US-85 North of CO-67 T/A R/O semi with extrication required and highway blocked. West Douglas, South Metro, Littleton FD's, Castle Rock and now WEst Metro FD's all on-scene.

O.F 151.115, DTRS, WM-800, Online

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Sedalia U/D: Req chopper SB, Highway is closed, CDOT for rocks on the road and West Douglas, South Metro, Littleton, Castle Rock and now West Metro FD's all on-scene including batt chiefs from West Doug, Castle Rock & SMFR.

Jim<

rckydenver

Heard that there calling in for a front end loader, rocks and gravel all over the highway. Also Castle Rock CSP being heard on DTRS.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
rescueeagle said:
why are they sending so many fire depts?

Cause they can, even better why are all the batt chiefs needed. Complete waste of resources, especially of the white shirt variety.

""Denver, Aurora, Parker and North Metro standby for mutual aid tones to Hwy-85 near Sedalia accident""

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Sedalia U/D: Extrication complete, Medic-154 emergent to Littleton Hosp and CR Hazmat unit requested to respond, expect extended road closure for cleanup.

Jim<

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
evilklown said:
did the person in that truck live wow that is a mess. cab came right on the frame...

At least one of the pick ups occupants walked away, non-transport.

Jim<

rescueeagle

Premium Subscriber
those pictures are absolutly amazing!!! I don't feel so comfortable in my truck anymore! :)

Stay Safe

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
More Images

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/slideshow/news/9832705/detail.html

http://tinyurl.com/foa8e

SEDALIA - Two people were transported to the hospital Tuesday afternoon after a pickup truck and a semi truck collided in Douglas County.

The Colorado State Patrol says the GMC pickup was heading south on Highway 85 north of Sedalia when the driver crossed the center line and hit the semi head on.

Two people in the pickup were taken to a hospital in Littleton. The driver had moderate injuries and the passenger was transported as a precaution.

The driver of the semi was not injured.

The cause of the accident is still under investigation.

The identities of the people involved were not released.

Moosemedic

Why was CRFD (Medic 154) the transporting agency?
Isn't Sedalia well into the South Metro zone?
Surely if the road was completely blocked units arriving from the north would have the best return access to area hospitals

Do CRFD Medics understand the term "Mechanism of Injury" ?
I wonder what the conversation (if any) about the sign off (refusal), and the written docuementation look like?

Or were there so many White Shirts on scene it literally sucked the IQ level out of the scene?

MikeyB

Moosemedic said:
Why was CRFD (Medic 154) the transporting agency?
Isn't Sedalia well into the South Metro zone?
Surely if the road was completely blocked units arriving from the north would have the best return access to area hospitals

Do CRFD Medics understand the term "Mechanism of Injury" ?
I wonder what the conversation (if any) about the sign off (refusal), and the written docuementation look like?

Or were there so many White Shirts on scene it literally sucked the IQ level out of the scene?

Sedalia is in West Douglas Fire Protection District, but they don't transport usually. I can't remember whether South Metro or Castle Rock is their primary transport agency. I think it's changed at least once.

I guess it depends on what side of the scene the patient was on as to what side they transported from. Either way, what a horrific looking crash!

Moosemedic

Either way, what a horrific looking crash![/quote]

Therein lies the point of understanding Mechanism of Injury.

EMS Educators preach having pictures
(Polaroid camera anyone? Maybe I'm dating myself)
to show the ER staff before they rip the collar off, flip 'em off our board, sit them up, run a finger down thier back and declare them non injured.

I wonder what reaction there would be having those pictures attached to the refusal form ? :lol:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
MikeyB said:
Sedalia is in West Douglas Fire Protection District, but they don't transport usually. I can't remember whether South Metro or Castle Rock is their primary transport agency. I think it's changed at least once.

I guess it depends on what side of the scene the patient was on as to what side they transported from. Either way, what a horrific looking crash!

South Metro 39's is West Douglas transport agency and ALS.

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.