Seek "New" Lenawee County MPSCS data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robotech2112

Carbon Unit.
Premium Subscriber
I read in the paper a couple of months ago that they were constructing a new MPSCS 300 ft tower "on the north side of Tecumseh." This is for fill-in of Lenawee County's impending migration to the system.

I find no such project within the city limits. Is it possible that this was misquoted as the media likes to do , and that this tower is in Tecumseh Township north of the city?

If so, does anybody know where this might be?

Robotech2112

Carbon Unit.
Premium Subscriber
I just checked the area from Tecumseh-Clinton Rd and Macon Hwy, north on Macon to Billmyer Hwy outside the city and can see no signs of tower site construction in any of the fields. Either I am looking in the wrong place or construction has not commenced.

Robotech2112

Carbon Unit.
Premium Subscriber
Thank you for that information and I have read that article, but what's confusing is I've also read another article that indicates that the tower will be located on the North side of Tecumseh. There are no signs of construction at either site.

Robotech2112

Carbon Unit.
Premium Subscriber
I read in the paper a couple of months ago that they were constructing a new MPSCS 300 ft tower "on the north side of Tecumseh." This is for fill-in of Lenawee County's impending migration to the system.

I find no such project within the city limits. Is it possible that this was misquoted as the media likes to do , and that this tower is in Tecumseh Township north of the city?

If so, does anybody know where this might be?
I take that back and eat my words there is a brand new tower at the road commission site on the South side of Tecumseh, and I'm looking at it right now.

Robotech2112

Carbon Unit.
Premium Subscriber
No, just 3 vertical fiberglass masts near the top, it looks like it was just installed last week. When I saw it the control building at the base of the tower has not even been installed yet nor has the concrete base for said building even been poured. Tecumseh PD and fire are not going to have any problems getting into this site with their portables even in a basement. This will be a nice site.

Jim.

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
There is another tower on m156 at the other road commission building. We were checking it out today no microwave antennas on it yet.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
There is another tower on m156 at the other road commission building. We were checking it out today no microwave antennas on it yet.

Lenawee County and the state of Michigan were looking at placing the tower in the vicinity of Lime Creek Road and Munson Hwy, which is also known as Lime Creek. Maybe they chose the road commission site as a better alternative?

73's

Ron

Robotech2112

Carbon Unit.
Premium Subscriber
Some Pictures of the Tecumseh Site Lenawee / MPSCS

Taken Dec 2018. This site oriented the sideways pictures that way. Probably prefers landscape over portrait.

Attachments

• twr2.jpg
    twr2.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 57
  • twr5.jpg
    twr5.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 59
  • twr1.jpg
    twr1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 58
  • twr3.jpg
    twr3.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 57

paulmohr

Well I was thinking of giving my dad my 325p2 and just using an analog scanner until I can get a better one since he lives in Swanton. From what I am seeing this might not be such a good idea. Am I correct in thinking Adrian will be switching to digital and quite possibly encrypted by next year? It would be a shame if I spent a bunch of money on a new scanner and they encrypted the local fire and police. Is there any way to stay informed about what they intend to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.