Seeking confirmation for Cherry Hill or Camden County,NJ FD on 33.9 from Italy

iz0cdm

Hello all,
great F2 opening this afternoon (European time) with some huge signals on the 33MHz FD band. In particular, I heard a dispatcher on 33.9 MHz giving address "Cherry Hill Borough, 105 West Main Street" at 11.38 EST. Since the FCC fjallfoss site don't give any Camden County, NJ record for that band, I ask someone here to please confirm that Cherry Hill (or Camden County) FD airs on 33.9 MHz (no CTCSS). I'll try to send them a reception report together with the audio file.
Thanks a lot and have a good listening.

Roberto
Italy
RX: Airspy R2
ANT: Dressler ARA1500
SDR: SDRSharp v.1.0.0.1900

tonemaster

Premium Subscriber
They do not broadcast on that band. Cherry Hill is a township, not a borough and they do have a Main St, but no W Main St.

a417

U+0000
could be these folks on 33.94.

not a great match tho, they have a cherryhill twp...but dont formally list a borough. The address is a possible match but the location is listed slightly by each mapping site I put it in. It comes up as Marion Ctr PA, but it's in the same county and near enough that it could be a local habit to call it that.

That license shows recently cancelled, but there's a ton of lowband out there in PA (as ably mentioned by @Tech792 ), and it could be slightly off frequency - thus compounding the issue.

Last edited:

iz0cdm

Thank you so much for your replies. Another suspect could be Hillsboro,NH which works on 33.9 per FCC DB and has a W Main Street. In any case it's difficult to guess. Will be luckier later. It's the first time for me after more than 20 years (23rd solar cycle peak) to hear lowband US FDs, and I think there will be more in the following months.

Enjoy listening.

Roberto
Italy

a417

U+0000
Thank you so much for your replies. Another suspect could be Hillsboro,NH which works on 33.9 per FCC DB and has a W Main Street. In any case it's difficult to guess. Will be luckier later. It's the first time for me after more than 20 years (23rd solar cycle peak) to hear lowband US FDs, and I think there will be more in the following months.

Enjoy listening.

Roberto
Italy
FCC requires that stations transmit their ID, it'll most likely be in CSQ CW. Try recording it for 2 hrs and see if you can score some CW.