Seeking Information......

Status
Not open for further replies.

k6cpo

No apology necessary - your information is not incorrect. There are several "test in a day" options, and you walk away only waiting on the bureaucracy to catch up.

:D

This process is easily found if searched, and I encourage peacefrog922 to continue to read up. But, on the odd chance that this thread is his only research effort...

It would be neat for some standardized submission process, digital would greatly speed up the issue. My wife's took a little over a week; her VE group was very quick to submit it to ARRL and we must have caught ARRL and FCC both on a good day.

I think it depends on the particular VEC's procedures. The 14 VECs are all independent entities and they have wide latitude in how they operate, as long as they conform to the FCC regulations. Some, for whatever reasons they think are important, want their teams to mail the results to a central location while others are content to have it sent digitally. I send all my results to my VEC by scanning and e-mailing the file. The VEC then prepares the batch file for sending to the FCC. If someone takes an exam on Saturday morning, their call sign or upgrade are usually in the ULS Monday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.