Seems Harford County SO don't like to broadcast about shootings

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawman210

Lawman,

1. I never claimed to be in law enforcement, so I am glad you made that assumption I would have figured all of those years in law enforcement would have taught you to steer away from assumptions.

2. The fact you boast about how long you have been retired, adds weight to the argument you might be wrong by in criticizing an agency on their CURRENT operational practice.

It is clear that you suffer from a superiority complex. I will disdain from even debating this topic any further with you.
Moderator since I can not self lock this thread feel free to do so as I don't think this thread will yield any further useful discussion

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

lawman210

I have been gone from Harford County for several years however it is common many places to heavily use "silent dispatch" where calls are sent and acknowledged only over MCT. It is also common to design dispatch systems so that complex or hot calls that typically involve more than one agency are on an encrypted TAC channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes that was brought up about a tax channel. I imagine that the initial call may be simulcast all at once to all agencies but luck would have it my scanner locked on the fire dispatch for the car

ocguard

I'm still not sure what the point of the initial post is. I can assure that HCSO has reputable radio communication procedures. Please understand that you may miss transmissions for many reasons, but the two that stand out for me are:
1. HCSO (especially in south county) handle many comms under encryption
2. You're using a mobile app to monitor. The scanner can only bring you one transmission at a time. You can miss calls on other talk groups while the host scanner is stopped on one talk group.

HSCO deputies would not endanger one another by omitting pertinent information over the radio. Even silent dispatching on the MDT cannot account for deputies out of their vehicles. In a situation such as an active shooting (or recently de-escalated shooting) would most likely be on the encrypted tac talk group for that precinct.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Out here in Phoenix no one likes to say the "S" word (shooting) over the air because it draws the media like flies to wherever someone got shot. They've even gone so far as to take shooting calls OFF the CAD system we monitor out here. Fine by me, I hate working those calls anyway... but that's just me.

-AZ

lawman210

I'm still not sure what the point of the initial post is. I can assure that HCSO has reputable radio communication procedures. Please understand that you may miss transmissions for many reasons, but the two that stand out for me are:
1. HCSO (especially in south county) handle many comms under encryption
2. You're using a mobile app to monitor. The scanner can only bring you one transmission at a time. You can miss calls on other talk groups while the host scanner is stopped on one talk group.

HSCO deputies would not endanger one another by omitting pertinent information over the radio. Even silent dispatching on the MDT cannot account for deputies out of their vehicles. In a situation such as an active shooting (or recently de-escalated shooting) would most likely be on the encrypted tac talk group for that precinct.

Just checked the HSO channels again and yes RR does show tac channels but doesn't show any encrypted channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.