WS1098: Seems stuck in a sub menu...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanN0ob

I am new to modern scanners. I grew up with my Dad using handheld and base scanners that required crystals. I got a WS1098 recently and really like it so far. I used the browse library method to add objects from 2 counties into their own scan list. I have been able to follow the instructions in the manual to edit objects (such as adding different LED flash colors, object name, frequency, etc.).

I have not used EZ Scan and have not connected the scanner to my PC.

It seems like I got the WS1098 stuck in a sub menu... Yesterday when I went to try to edit some objects, I seemed to have scrolled too far or what not in the list of scan lists.

Here is the key sequence I use to get to editing objects: Menu > Browse Objects > select Scan list using UP/DN arrow.

However, after selecting "Browse Objects", the screen displays the following text:

-Browser-
(reserved)

-Empty Scanlist-

I cannot seem to select any other scan list or even be able to access editing objects again like I was able to a few days ago! I have tried pressing every single key when the above text is displayed on the screen and nothing seems to change it! The only keys that do something when the above screen is showing are WX which goes immediately into the weather freq and Menu which goes back to the - Main Menu-

Does anyone know what is going on and why I can't seem to access editing objects in my 2 scan lists anymore?

ScanN0ob

I found a way out of it. I simply went through the preferred programming method of using "browse library" to add in objects from another county in my state. At the time it came to import the objects into a scan list, I was able to use the arrow keys again to select which scan list. I am glad that I decided to try this because this "bug" was really irking me for a few days!

Status
Not open for further replies.