SEGARRN (Bryan & Chatham Counties)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrat1234

Hi all in a month I will be visiting Fort McAllister state park in Richmond Hill located in Bryan county. On my way to Bryan county I will be passing through Chatham county. My question is how is roaming done on the system. I'm trying to see if I can just make 1 system with Bryan county simulcast and Chatham county simulcast site and not miss any traffic/calls or will I have half to make a separate system for each county.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I have done a lot with this system.

Some stuff goes out onto adjoining sites, while others don't.

I generally set the local site that matches the agencies I am wanting to listen to.

mrat1234

I see the state of Georgia talkgroups for GSP and GA DNR. Are these used instead of the VHF frequencies?

BlackhawkCB

KM4TQD
Premium Subscriber
I see the state of Georgia talk groups for GSP and GA DNR. Are these used instead of the VHF frequencies?
GSP uses the SEGARRN talk groups, DNR is VHF only. I've never heard the SEGARRN channel used, VHF P25 only. Forestry has a repeater in Bryan county which is still analog.

KF4LMT

Premium Subscriber
Hi all in a month I will be visiting Fort McAllister state park in Richmond Hill located in Bryan county. On my way to Bryan county I will be passing through Chatham county. My question is how is roaming done on the system. I'm trying to see if I can just make 1 system with Bryan county simulcast and Chatham county simulcast site and not miss any traffic/calls or will I have half to make a separate system for each county.

I regularly travel all over the area that the SEGARRN system covers. With my HP2 and BCD436HP, I program the SEGARRN as one system with all of the sites programmed into it, that way wherever I travel in the area, I don't have to worry about switching systems or sites. If you're going to be in South Bryan around Richmond Hill, I would program in the Chatham, Bryan, and Liberty County sites. If you plan on heading out toward Tybee Island in Chatham County, program in the Tybee Island site as well.

BTW, if you're interested in the historic site aspect of Fort McAllister State Park, you might want to visit Fort Jackson and Fort Pulaski in Chatham County along with Fort Morris in Liberty County.

mrat1234

Bryan county is in post 42 for GSP. To monitor GSP for Bryan county can I monitor the post 42 talkgroup or will I miss GSP traffic if I don't monitor the other GSP talkgroups.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Post 42 (Rincon) only covers Bryan, Chatham and Effingham counties. (Troop I)

Post 11 (Hinesville) covers Liberty, Long and McIntosh Counties. (Also Troop I)

Post 45 (Statesboro) Covers Bulloch, Candler and Evans counties (Troop F)

Post 21 (Sylvania) Covers Burke, Jenkins and Screven Counties (Also Troop F)

Status
Not open for further replies.