Select scanned channels/Banks

Status
Not open for further replies.

rstorrie

Premium Subscriber
I recently bought a BCT-15X and thanks to RR finally got it working. Question is now that I have all my different frequencies loaded, how can I turn on/off selected banks, or systems when I am not close and come in bad, or not wanting to here that particular system at the time as I travel around? The Uniden manual sucks and not as easy to operate as my other scanners with a touch of a button to turn off banks. Thank you for any help you can provide.

CoolCat

Premium Subscriber
The BCT15X is just as easy to use as a traditional bank/channel scanner... once you learn how it works. It uses Uniden's DMA memory system. It does not have "banks", instead it uses a hierarchy system of "systems", "sites", "groups", and channels/TGIDs.

To enable/disable systems and groups by pressing a number key (the same way traditional bank scanners do) you must first assign them "quick keys". You can do this manually through the scanner"s menu, or through programming software.

Once you have assigned the proper QKs, all you need to do is press to number key(s) while scanning to enable/disable them. You can assign multiple systems to a single SQK if you wish, or you can assign each system its own SQK. SQKs 0-1 require only a single button push; SQKs 11-99 require you to push the "." key first, followed by the SQK number.

To enable/disable individual groups, simply press the function key first, then the GQK number. NOTE: you must be scanning (or holding) the mother system to use GQKs.

Check out the BCT15X wiki page here on RR. It contains links to helpful articles as well as the "Easier to read manual" for your scanner. Good luck and enjoy your new scanner :)

rstorrie

Premium Subscriber
Ok, thank you for the info. I will give it a try. I did not assign quick keys to the systems. Appreciate it.

rstorrie

Premium Subscriber
Coolcat, thanks for the info. Worked like charm and you are right, it is just like my others for turning on and off, Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.