Self Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking in the Colorado Forum about self dispatch. Does Michigan have Law Enforcement agents have that ability? Such as clear calls, Dispatch themselves of course,add notes and show themselves on a detail at lunch or at court etc...

SCPD

QRT
Self dispatch

I was looking in the Colorado Forum about self dispatch. Does Michigan have Law Enforcement agents have that ability? Such as clear calls, Dispatch themselves of course,add notes and show themselves on a detail at lunch or at court etc...

Used to be when South Rockwood was still on 155.64, someone calling the station after hours would either get forwarded to someone's house, or if the officer on call was mobile, directly to the car, and you could hear the officer answer the phone on the radio. Like the old autopatch days of ham radio. Since they have gone to the Monroe 800 system, I have no idea if they do that anymore.

I believe Denver and some others in Colorado can do this. but there are restrictions for some departments. If you read the Colorado forum it's better explained under self dispatch.

This is from Scanbluff1965 in the Colorado Forum

I recently found out the Denver Police Department is now able to self dispatch themselves from the MDTs in there vehicles, they are able to put themselves in and out of service, put themselves on a call and many other things just from a touch of a button. However, they have been having issues with the MDTs working and working since they have this new dispatch function installed.

So if there is any law enforcement officers here. Do you know if Michigan has this type of ability? As stated before self dispatching themselves and so on.

milaw

Premium Subscriber
Agencies that use CLEMIS are able to do this through Motorola's Premier MDC/CAD program. You can change your status and create/edit calls for service (add notes, case disposition, change run type, etc...)

Individual agencies have a fair amount of control over what the Ofc can do in the car though - some agencies turn off certain features.

SCPD

QRT
Mdt

This is from Scanbluff1965 in the Colorado Forum

I recently found out the Denver Police Department is now able to self dispatch themselves from the MDTs in there vehicles, they are able to put themselves in and out of service, put themselves on a call and many other things just from a touch of a button. However, they have been having issues with the MDTs working and working since they have this new dispatch function installed.

Uh, yeah, if that's what you are talking about. Lots of communities get dispatched over the MDT, put themselves out of service, etc. I guess I thought when you say "self dispatch" that the officer is taking the call directly from the caller. Everything you list except actually answering the PSAP is commonplace thru the MDT.

macari77

I know Lincoln Park and Southgate police departments are both able to do that (self dispatch) through MDT's. And I believe most other Downriver cities do too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.