Self inflicted problem with Zadig

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShiftyPotts

Yesterday on my Windows 8.1 machine, SDR# stopped connecting to my RTL dongle. My first instinct was to fire up Zadig and reinstall the driver. Pretty soon, my Dell wireless mouse doesn't work, lol. After some more "fixing" my wireless keyboard is dead. Eventually, I reinstall SDR# and that works and I am able to connect to RTL dongle. But I would like to bring my Dell wireless mouse and keyboard (Logitech Unifying Receiver) back to life. From everything I can see, the Unifying Receiver is recognized as a working device, and the mouse and keyboard seem to be successfully paired with the receiver, but they just don't work. The reason I know they are paired, is that I downloaded some Logitech software that let me pair / unpair the mouse / keyboard. I guess I must have deleted / overwrote / damaged some Win USB driver.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bob

moonbounce

I had a similar problem, and what I did to resolve it was to shut the computer off remove all usb drives ( except your mouse and keyboard. )restart the computer without the drives attached and see it the keyboard/ mouse works.

When it happened to me I also temporarily lost access to some programs like say for example accessories, when I would click on it nothing happened. Hope this helps.

ShiftyPotts

I've tried all the suggestions on here and everything else I can find. Because device manager shows it working (and it's not), it's kind of frustrating. I guess I could try a system restore and lose the software I've installed, but I think I need to shop around for another wireless mouse and keyboard.

moonbounce

Word of warning, a systems restore might not solve your problem you may be doing a systems restore for nothing. So let me ask you, if you uninstall SDR sharp and Zadig, and remove all usb drives shut the computer off, plug the keyboard and mouse and restart the computer, does that change anything?

ShiftyPotts

Word of warning, a systems restore might not solve your problem you may be doing a systems restore for nothing. So let me ask you, if you uninstall SDR sharp and Zadig, and remove all usb drives shut the computer off, plug the keyboard and mouse and restart the computer, does that change anything?

Moonbounce, I don't think I'll be doing a system restore to solve a mouse problem. I did not uninstall SDR sharp, I thought it would be easier to buy a new wireless mouse (different brand), which I did on Amazon Prime (love that Prime). I switched to a full sized wired keyboard, which works for me. I'll probably use the defunct wireless mouse and keyboard on a different computer around here, so no real loss. The important thing is SDR sharp and SW2 software are working. If the new mouse doesn't work though, then it's GLOVES OFF buddy. lol

Thanks,

Bob

ShiftyPotts

Problem finally solved using a program called Driver Navigator to reinstall the right drivers for the mouse/keyboard/receiver.

Finally, I think I caused this problem myself using Zadig for the first time. I was looking around for my dongle receiver, and spotted something called USB Receiver, so I installed or replaced the driver. The USB Receiver was actually the wireless dongle for my mouse/keyboard. Gotta be more careful. lol

Bob

SCPD

QRT
I had a issue where I must have accidentally replaced the driver for my Microsoft wireless mouse when installing the RTL driver dongle from Zadig. Just re-installed the MS driver and all was good.

ShiftyPotts

I had a issue where I must have accidentally replaced the driver for my Microsoft wireless mouse when installing the RTL driver dongle from Zadig. Just re-installed the MS driver and all was good.

I tried over and over to delete the driver and reinstall the right one. It would actually re-install the driver and the driver would show the mouse working perfectly. But the mouse wouldn't work. Made it kind of frustrating, because I decided I liked that Dell branded (Logitech) low profile mouse. The more I couldn't use it, the more I WANTED to use it, lol.

Anyway, I gotta give credit to that Driver Navigator software. I didn't really expect it to work, but it did.

Bob

Flatliner

Did the same also. 'USB Receiver' got me! 5 minute system restore put everything back.

ShiftyPotts

Did the same also. 'USB Receiver' got me! 5 minute system restore put everything back.

Did you have to reinstall a bunch of software after the system restore? After getting my 2 SDR's working recently, I didn't want to reinstall.

Bob

Flatliner

No, but actually I didn't use MS System Restore. I use Rollback RX. The entire HDD goes back with that.

ShiftyPotts

Ugh!! Installed sdr# today and now my wireless mouse isn't working either! Why can't anything be easy with installing things! Lol

My sympathies. After you waste your weekend on trying to get your mouse working, Driver Navigator is like 30 bucks. lol.

Bob

ShiftyPotts

That was a waste of $30, cause even with that program nothing comes up for Logitech drivers! Sigh...

Sorry about that. I think for it to work, I removed AND deleted the driver for my wireless mouse. Then I had the unifying receiver plugged in while Driver Navigator was scanning for drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.