Selfridge Air Force Base

Status
Not open for further replies.

skip21

Premium Subscriber
I'd like to get a detailed scan list too for Selfridge, for a PSR500.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
yes did that already, maybe today is just a slow day lol read up in the wiki and programmed all and searching as we speak but it has been about hour and half no activity, but thanks for the links i will surely check them out

markm1245

Selfridge F-16's

Selfridge F-16's fly twice a day most days. You need to check the FAA special use airspace website to know when.

http://sua.faa.gov/sua/Welcome.do

Under the SAU List tab, on the right change the state to michigan. This will give you a list of when the MOA's are in use.
You can also hear the 16's from the 180th out of Toledo if you program those freq's aswell,they use the same MOA's

Hope this helps.
markm1245

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
hawkeye, you didn't mention what you are using for an antenna, but getting a discone or scantenna up in the air, fed with good coax, is going to increase your chances of hearing stuff. 73 Mike

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
yes i do have a discone on a mast of about 40 feet up with RG8x coax, i am roughly 40 miles from selfridge, i am about 2 blocks from the river (in windsor ontario) checked google maps and if thier was road that went across the water it would almost be a straight drive...But i will also try the toledo freq i do not belive i have those plugged in

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
That 8X cable is going to start costing you signal the higher up in frequency you go. I'd strongly suggest getting a good RG6 quad shield or 9913 cable, which has much lower loss.

73 Mike

FrankJ

372.200 Mhz is pretty active for Selfridge ANGB. Just heard some comms today, and I'm across the lake in the Cleveland, OH area!

Frank

KMTC

Not sure about the skip range. You may want to take a look at my freq list. See the last page for just the F-16 presets.

Attachments

• MichMilAir.pdf
    68.7 KB · Views: 285
Status
Not open for further replies.