SEMA Channel 3 NWS WX

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterjmag

Just wanted to let everyone know that on the state 800 system TG 42896 is the State Emergency Managment Channel 3 and it is linked to 155.235 for towns that do not have 800. Norman and Tulsa NWS offices have been using it to communicate weather info and alerts.

mfolta1

thats cool, i heard them a few weeks ago on that tg as well. i guess polar bear may be bipolar bear??

peterjmag

Yes I can hear 155.235 in Stillwater. It has a PL tone of 203.5 I can also hear the TG I was talking about on the Carney site and in Tulsa site where I am currently tonight. The new Stillwater site is site trunking only and does not simualcast the TG mentioned as of right now. Can you hear it on the Guthrie site? Thanks...

peterjmag

mfolta1 said:
thats cool, i heard them a few weeks ago on that tg as well. i guess polar bear may be bipolar bear??

Yeah true but I think he is just being a dumb ass as usual.

P

PolarBear25

42896 a79 A State EM 3 State Emergency Management -- SEMA 3 (has cross-band links to 155.235MHz)

All ready in the D.B.

"41680 a2d A OHP OKC AM-1 Oklahoma Highway Patrol Troop A Metro Channel 1 -- DPS AM-1

Oklahoma Highway patrol use this T.G. to dispatch on"

I Think we already know that right??

mfolta1

he wasnt posting his message to make someone put it in the database, he was merely letting those of us who didnt know it aware of it. i knew of it but not everyone knows that they link up so he was just being a nice guy by letting people know,,,,pj, you ass, nice guys finish last.....lol!

peterjmag

PolarBear25 said:
42896 a79 A State EM 3 State Emergency Management -- SEMA 3 (has cross-band links to 155.235MHz)

All ready in the D.B.

"41680 a2d A OHP OKC AM-1 Oklahoma Highway Patrol Troop A Metro Channel 1 -- DPS AM-1

Oklahoma Highway patrol use this T.G. to dispatch on"

I Think we already know that right??

Chad,
Just like Mark was saying I was posting it in reference to the weather info that was comming across it, not the fact that is was already in the DB. In fact I know it's in the DB because I submitted it about 2 years ago. Just like Mark said once again, it was for those who didn't know it might exist. After all, all you OKC guys have had a lot of new trunking sites go up lately and maybye some didn't know what it was or that it existed. That's all. Get the facts straight before you make a fool of yourself and insult me. Thanks and happy scanning...

peterjmag

mfolta1 said:
he wasnt posting his message to make someone put it in the database, he was merely letting those of us who didnt know it aware of it. i knew of it but not everyone knows that they link up so he was just being a nice guy by letting people know,,,,pj, you ass, nice guys finish last.....lol!

Yeah tell me about it geeez!

random

peterjmag said:
Just wanted to let everyone know that on the state 800 system TG 42896 is the State Emergency Managment Channel 3 and it is linked to 155.235...
Thanks for the info.

I did not know they were linked.

KK5FM

peterjmag said:
Yes I can hear 155.235 in Stillwater. It has a PL tone of 203.5 I can also hear the TG I was talking about on the Carney site and in Tulsa site where I am currently tonight. The new Stillwater site is site trunking only and does not simualcast the TG mentioned as of right now. Can you hear it on the Guthrie site? Thanks...

Typically, when there is activity on SEMA3, I am usually in the metro and monitoring the City 800 site, and not able to hear 155.235 directly. That is why your feedback about being able the hear it is so valuable, and why this thread was important, before it got hijacked.

Last edited:

peterjmag

Here is what I know. The SEMA 3 is supposed to be state wide when in use. The 155.235 with a PL tone of 203.5 is what I heard in Stillwater and is linked. I do not know not know if the 155.235 is linked anywhere else in the state. Based on some of the testing I have heard in the past I think there are some agencies that still use 155.235 If they don't you can hear them on the state system on SEMA 3. If you are in range of a DPS site then you should have no problem hearing SEMA 3 except the Stillwater site which is in site trunking mode for some reason so that is where the Carney site comes in. Hope this helps.

P

PolarBear25

mfolta1 said:

Well it's in the DB. so he should not have too..

P

PolarBear25

peterjmag said:
Chad,
Just like Mark was saying I was posting it in reference to the weather info that was comming across it, not the fact that is was already in the DB. In fact I know it's in the DB because I submitted it about 2 years ago. Just like Mark said once again, it was for those who didn't know it might exist. After all, all you OKC guys have had a lot of new trunking sites go up lately and maybye some didn't know what it was or that it existed. That's all. Get the facts straight before you make a fool of yourself and insult me. Thanks and happy scanning...

Whatever Petey yes and I summited SEMA 4, and there still is SEMA 6-10 or 16 not in the DB

After all, all you OKC guys have had a lot of new trunking sites go up lately and maybye some didn't know what it was or that it existed.

It is in the DB nuf said..

mfolta1

bipolarbear, are you related to that tnt guy who used to post here awhile back? lay off the keystone light and get a clue. if you are physicly or mentaly challenged than i appologize, but i think your just trying to start trouble or be an ass in general, there are thousands of id's in the db, i dont have time to go look and see whos on what or who does what, i scan and when i see a new id i personally have not heard b4 i then go look it up in the db to see what it is, and like pj i will post that i am hearing traffic on that id if i feel others might want to listen as well. so i think what you might want me or pj to do is maybe post a message saying "im hearing such and such traffic on an id but im not tellin which one, go to the database and guess which one im hearing". well that would be stupid, like your posts.

peterjmag

PolarBear25 said:
Whatever Petey yes and I summited SEMA 4, and there still is SEMA 6-10 or 16 not in the DB

After all, all you OKC guys have had a lot of new trunking sites go up lately and maybye some didn't know what it was or that it existed.

It is in the DB nuf said..

Chad,
Once again you don't get it. It was about what was being heard and not that it was in the database. Please do us all a favor and just go away. It's much more pleasant when you are not here. Oh BTW, thanks for hijacking my thread. Have a wonderful day!

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
This has gone on long enough.

Pete, you could have worded the OP a lot better if all you were trying to do is let people know that there was traffic on the 155.235 freq and that it was linked. You could have also just ignored the #2 post of the thread. You certainly should know better than to start calling names. Don't do it again.

PB, really your first post in this thread was unnecessary and said nothing that deserved a response. BTW, (note that standard Internet abbreviation) using abbreviations is tantamount to using the word they represent, if I ever see you do that again, you will receive a vacation. And just to reiterate what you were told last year, short useless posts such as the #2 in this thread will also earn you that vacation.

For everyone else, I suggest that you all take a deep breath before joining in any "disturbance" here in the OK forum. Things have been pretty peaceful here and to be truthful I really don't want to spend any more time here then I already am; you can read that as there will not be much slack for people disturbing the peace.

Since the WX events in the OP are no longer current and this thread has gone "south", the thread is hereby closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.